JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a Leupold vx 3i 3.5x10x40mm scope and got the wrong model number, without the CDS feature. I bought it on Amazon. I am sure I can return it. However, is the CDS feature that good to warrant sending the scope back to get the CDS? Or is it that important? Thoughts? BTW, I am planning to hunt with the scope, as it has the increased twilight capability.

It depends on your type of shooting, skill, etc.

Some folks don't care for them, or they grew up knowing hold overs and don't see the point. Some don't trust a scope to do the work for them. Etc etc.

I like them for recreational shooting. They can help with hunting, but it depends on how much time you have to get a shot off on the animal. When plinking, I can verify range with a range finder and adjust the scope. Now I don't have to hold over.

Hunting, I knew my bullet drop at the guesstimate of 300 and held on the back of the animal above the shoulder, hit right in the lung.

Since hunting is your intention Id say your fine without it. Learn your drops, practice your holds and you'll be fine.

Warning-Thread drift. Just brought a new puppy (Boykin Spaniel) home on Sunday. He's keeping us busy.

IMG_0836.jpeg

No. BDC's have gotten out of control. How the F do you even see your target?

Too busy for me. Guess I'm a little dense.

Wow, you guys really hate these things. I LOVE mine on my Leupold. Never had one till about 8 months ago but times change I guess....I'm a fan for sure.....just my 2 cents

Hopefully it tracks well for you. Ive had 2 VX3 3.5-10×40 (with CDS) rifle scopes go gunny bag on me. Leupolds erector system needs a lot of work, before id trust them ever again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top