JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took my used S&W 4003 TSW shooting today using Remington UMC 165 gr rounds. I picked up my brass (I'm starting to do reloading) and they appeared to be bulged. Something like 1mm +/-. The bulge is equal starting from about 3mm up from the base and goes all the way to the end. The machining marks from the chamber are imprinted in the case and are clearly visible. The gun is a police trade-in, so I'm concerned that maybe the chamber has 'grown' over thousands of practice rounds. Any thoughts?

Greg

Mark all the rounds in a mag down the side with a sharpy and load with mark side up. this will give you an idea if the bulging is consistant and what area of the barrel/chamber it is in. In my opinion if it is UMC ammo try a different brand and see if it is still happening.

Here's the pic:

photo2.jpg

Now that I look at it closer, the bulge is on one side only (the left side in this picture). It's probably 0.75-1.0mm, extending uniformly from the mouth of the case to the shiny part of the case in the photo. All casings show this bulge. Big deal or no?

Greg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads