JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll confess I didn't read the whole thread so this question may already be answered:

Do you have a spouse/SO who can give you grief about said purchases and the impending rifles that go with them. If so, yes, you have a problem and no it's not weird. If no, then there's no problem and weird is relative.

Without knowing what caliber the rounds are it's impossible to say but it does sound kinda odd. Wouldn't be if they were .22LR but by the quantities mentioned that's doubtful.

Sounds like Russky Mosin-Nagant ammo from the lots and packaging.

EDIT: OK oops I read the rest of the thread. I was right about the Mosin...

As a fully credentialed hoplotologyst I must say, Yes, you do have a problem. You are experiencing symptoms which will eventually progress into something much worse. I would advise you to immediately send all said ammo to me so that I can "dispose" of it in a manner which will reduce the possibility of harm to all but a select few members of our good community.
With any luck, we may have caught this in time.

As I read others say 3000 rounds of one caliber is not really that many. With ammo prices through the roof I buy every time the price is not inflated. I have that many rounds in a few calibers and have a lot of rounds in calibers I do not own yet or have sold. As someone else mentioned ammo is a pretty good investment right now. Either I get another gun in the calibers I have ammo for or I sell it if the prices go through the roof. Either way the only person who sees my stocking as a problem is my wife. Mostly because she thinks the closet is for clothes...who the hell uses all their closet space for clothes and not a couple good safes?

It's inflates faster then gold, it's not a bad investment.

get silver bullets, double good investment

yUzq5Uq.jpg?1

As I read others say 3000 rounds of one caliber is not really that many. With ammo prices through the roof I buy every time the price is not inflated. I have that many rounds in a few calibers and have a lot of rounds in calibers I do not own yet or have sold. As someone else mentioned ammo is a pretty good investment right now. Either I get another gun in the calibers I have ammo for or I sell it if the prices go through the roof. Either way the only person who sees my stocking as a problem is my wife. Mostly because she thinks the closet is for clothes...who the hell uses all their closet space for clothes and not a couple good safes?

I might not have been clear enough; the 3,000 rounds is spread across three different calibers: 30-06, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R.

That was clear. Just saying as far as ammo goes it is not a massive or concerning stockpile of ammo no matter how many calibers in 3k. I know many here have 10 plus of their favorite calibers and lots of stock of other calibers along with that.

If you buy lots of ammo when others need it, people call you a hoarder.
If you buy lots of ammo when its plentiful, people call you foolish!

Bottom line advise ...buy what you want, when you can, in any quantity. That way you will always have what you need and can be in a position to give/sell if necessary. Its better to have and not need then to need and can't have/get.

When you are out of ammo, where will all those "good people" be that you allowed to buy that ammo? Will they be at your door saying, " I hear your out..here's a can of ammo for you! " :rolleyes:

Not weird by any means. Actually well reasoned when you think about it.

We've experienced two panic driven ammo shortage in the last six years that had driven prices through the roof.
After the first shortage in '09 prices came back down, but not to prices before the shortage. Now, after the second shortage, prices have receded, but not to the level before the shortages.

Based on the first shortage I think current prices are about as low as we are going to see.

We may still see another ammo shortage due to a shift in political winds in DC, or another tragedy like in the end of 2012.

Oh, and BTW
You're a good guy jbett98.

Last Edited:
I shoot a dozen different calibers, and have some ammo in calibers/guns that I've sold, but most likely will have again.

From this perspective 3000 rounds is nothing.
I try to keep a bare minimum of 700 rounds of each caliber I shoot.

I also buy a box of ammo every time I'm in a store...usually defensive loads.
The rest I buy in bulk anywhere I can find a good price.

Just remember, you can never have too much.

I can relate. I haven't even received my first Garand (ordered in May) and I have been fighting the urge to place another order since the day after I sent that one in. Let alone another can or two of ammo.

I can relate. I haven't even received my first Garand (ordered in May) and I have been fighting the urge to place another order since the day after I sent that one in. Let alone another can or two of ammo.

I got impatient and spent the extra $370 to upgrade to a Special Grade this morning, they're in stock and it should ship this week!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top