JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I was considering buying a S&W M&P9 fullsize to use in a USPSA competition. I didn't buy it because it only came with 2 magazines and that wasn't enough. Later that night at home I went to MidwayUSA's website and found spare M&P9 magazines in stock, so I bought some. I probably won't be buying the gun any time soon.

I bought magazines for a gun I don't have; do I have a problem?

I'd be concerned.

Not that you bought mags for a gun you don't have yet, but that the M&P9 might become your favorite gun. I have the M&P9 Pro and absolutely love it.

I'd be concerned.

Not that you bought mags for a gun you don't have yet, but that the M&P9 might become your favorite gun. I have the M&P9 Pro and absolutely love it.

See, that's the thing. I'd like to have an M&P9 for fun, competition and carry at work (gun shop), but I'd also like to have an FNX-45 tactical as a host for the suppressor I'll be getting late this year and I think it would be a good competition gun too. Sometimes it's hard making the right decision.

Last Edited:
I don't know Modeler look at all the people buying .22LR that don't go out and shoot it. You can't be as off as they are. My son looked for almost 2 years to find spare mags for his Stoeger Cougar 8005F .45ACP so buying something you know you will need when you see it is not always wrong.

See, that's the thing. I'd like to have an M&P9 for fun, competition and carry at work (gun shop), but I'd also like to have an FNP-45 tactical as a host for the suppressor I'll be getting late this year and I think it would be a good competition gun too. Sometimes it's hard making the right decision.

The FNP .45 Tactical is very nice as well. I actually bought the M&P9 thinking of using it as a host.

I already have a G23 with a threaded 9mm barrel to use as a host, I'm just short a .45 host. OTOH, I'm still many many months from having the Octane 45 in-hand and it's not like FNX-45 tacticals are hard to find.

There's two ways of looking at this problem. Both solutions to the problem are legitimate answers- the applied answer however is based on your pocketbook and philosophy.

1)I have the money and the urge to purchase a firearm that I will carry under these specific circumstances. I may carry the firearm for 30 minutes to 30 years because it just happens to be exactly what I feel and need.

2)I have the money; however, I am more interested in functionality and reliability. I have purchased this firearm and while I know it's not perfect for me, I understand that by training and usage I will use it until I understand it is exactly what I feel and need for the next 30 minutes to 30 years.

As an acquaintance of mine once said "Those who carry guns, carry Glocks. Those who shoot guns carry Kimbers,,,," and thats how the fight started, your honor! :D

Probably normal behavior for a gun enthusiast. I started buying .45 ammo months before I ever bought my first .45. I didn't want to have the gun without ammo on hand to make it go bang. Call it market speculation.

No problem, I did the same thing as etrain did. I started buying ammo for a gun I didn't even own yet. I knew I would own it in the not so distant future, and didn't want to have to go on an ammo hunt after I bought it.

I guess I just need to keep saving my pennies. When I get enough to buy the M&P9 I can decide if I want to go ahead and buy it or save up the same amount of money again, combine both amounts and buy the FNX.

See, that's the thing. I'd like to have an M&P9 for fun, competition and carry at work (gun shop), but I'd also like to have an FNX-45 tactical as a host for the suppressor I'll be getting late this year and I think it would be a good competition gun too. Sometimes it's hard making the right decision.
Buy both....I did

Don't feel bad about buying mags first. I not only bought extra mags, but also purchased the Apex comp kit for my M&P pro before I bought the gun. If you're thinking about a compensator/suppressor, I don't think you can get a threaded barrel for the 5" model, so you'll want to go with the 4.25" version. Availability of mags for that gun comes and goes. I bought quite a few in September and October and then supply dried up again. You might want to think about upping your order so you have at least 5 on hand if you're going to use it for competition.

Last Edited:
If anyone has a problem, it is me, according to my wife. I bought an $800 rifle just because I had a $12 case laying around that was too long for any of my other rifles.:)

Once bought a rifle to fit a bayonet I had laying around.
Been known to save brass for calibers I neither own nor
reload for. I think we might just all be a little nuts!

If you get the M&P Pro 9L, try the Competition spring
kit (Brownell's 100-006-037) and a little fluff-n-buff before
you spend big bucks on trigger goodies. You will be surprised.

I say there is no such thing as too many guns. You will only have a problem if you have the mags, but wait so long to buy the gun that it is no longer available to buy...

I've been considering buying ammo and reloading equipment for a gun I haven't even finished building yet :D

If anyone has a problem, it is me, according to my wife. I bought an $800 rifle just because I had a $12 case laying around that was too long for any of my other rifles.:)
Now this makes perfect sense to me.
BUY BUY BUY all the mags you can for all the guns you think you may want cause if Hillary decides to throw her hat into the ring,.....................

they will all go they way of the dodo bird and 22lr ammo

BTW buy the ammo for those guns too

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews