JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I'm currently getting into my first adjustable gas block system on an AR pistol length build. So before doing the initial adjustment, I'm curious if I should consider a charging handle swap out as part of the back pressure considerations (currently running milspec handle, H2 buffer, full auto bolt)? If so, When does it matter to have such a handle upgrade? Ie with a suppressor? Or Is this purely for comfort thing ie. less gas in your face (you cry babies 👶 lol)

I see marketing from several reputable manufacturers with phrases like "gas buster" and "reduces back pressures" etc. And while I can appreciate the upgrade for other reasons, I'm unsure of it's pressure changing impact and when I should really consider it.

Thanks for any info!

9D8C38EE-13AA-4F61-92FD-51D92DF18A88.jpeg

Yup, a comfort thing. That design is to minimize the gasses that vent towards the shooter from the upper. It does not affect the operation of the firearm. I'd only worry about using one if you feel blow back from that area when shooting and it bothers you (do ALWAYS wear eye protection). I've personally never noticed it.

Yup, a comfort thing. That design is to minimize the gasses that vent towards the shooter from the upper. It does not affect the operation of the firearm. I'd only worry about using one if you feel blow back from that area when shooting and it bothers you (do ALWAYS wear eye protection). I've personally never noticed it.
Appreciate it brother!

I have ran M-16's and M-4's for more then 20 years professionally and never got gassed through the charging handle gaps or anything!
That said, some designs do run tighter then Milspec and some are awesome upgrades to the design, so,.............
don't buy into the low gas pressure, ro any of that marketing hype, run the one you want and be happy!
Personally, I run the Radian Raptor ambi charg handle, I find it the best of the best for the job, bar none!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top