JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my 16 year old daughter passed her road test last week. Today she gets a voter registration form in the mail. She's 16! WTF is wrong with Oregon? When my wife who is a green card holder got her Oregon license, she also got a notice from the ducking motor voter people reminding her to register to vote. These people are shameless in Oregon.
I do not trust mail in voting and I always drop off my ballots at the county elections office on elections night. Not that I'm sure that does any good as I'm pretty convinced that all voting on the West coast is as corrupt as it could be.

I guess I was wrong. In glorious Oregon you only have to be 16 to register to vote. But still, 16? Personally, I think the voting age should be 35 unless someone has volunteered for military service. Then they can vote from the minute they're in.

There are also bogus Employment Department (WorkSource) and DMV websites. Since both legit operations ask for your SSN, phone, email, address, etc., it only seems "normal" to provide that stuff when transacting business, whether with a real site, or a fake one.

As a retiree with a schedule I control, it would be my privilege to volunteer my time to any organization doing something to catch and prosecute the oxygen bandits who steal ID.

I guess I was wrong. In glorious Oregon you only have to be 16 to register to vote. But still, 16? Personally, I think the voting age should be 35 unless someone has volunteered for military service. Then they can vote from the minute they're in.

I agree. 30, steady job and zero dependence on any social programs.

I agree. 30, steady job and zero dependence on any social programs.
Now I'm not saying that there aren't young folks that don't have their heads screwed on straight. Many of them are first responders. Many of them post right here on this website.
I just think that too many of the younger folks rely on pop culture to make their voting decisions.

You can make a difference. Sign up to run as a precinct commitee person in your precinct. Many if not most precinct's in Oregon don't have anyone signed up. It puts you on your local ballot(Be sure to vote for yourself, along with a few neighbors voting for you). Then you can witness and challenge ballots if suspicious, and compare signatures. No matter what your political leanings, we all should be concerned about the integrity of the process.

Last Edited:
You can make a difference. Sign up to run as a precinct commitee person in your precinct. Many if not most precinct's in Oregon don't have anyone signed up. It puts you on your local ballot(Be sure to vote for yourself, along with a few neighbors). Then you can witness and challenge ballots if suspicious, and compare signatures. No matter what your political leanings, we all should be concerned about the integrity of the process.
India managed somehow to get its 700 million voting age adults voter ID cards all free I believe. How did they get it right and we can't pull our heads out of our backsides on this?

Think it's corrupt now? Just wait until illegal aliens start getting their licenses.

So then DMV should stand for Department of Mexican Voters?

India managed somehow to get its 700 million voting age adults voter ID cards all free I believe. How did they get it right and we can't pull our heads out of our backsides on this?
Because "Wo bist dein papiers"...
I've suggested this before for several things requiring ID and age restrictions, but people don't like my bright ideas cause anti's are good at buggering things up.

Think it's corrupt now? Just wait until illegal aliens start getting their licenses.

Wait until they get licenses ?? Hell, they been getting them for over 30 years, now they just won't have to use fake ID's anymore.

I would like elections to go from 'check to box' to 'write two paragraphs why you support this candidate or oppose this measure'.

Votes by people who were clueless would be tossed out.

A brand new shiny drivers license (that cost me plenty) will become useless at travel checkpoints everywhere (like PDX) come October 2020. Oregon is one of only four states still not issuing TSA compliant REAL ID and licenses based on the Federally mandated deadline established in 2005.

Is this Oregon DMV's fault? Nope. Maybe look a little higher up the food chain at the tragically skewed priorities of thuggish mob bosses in Salem who focus instead on incrementally disarming law-abiding citizens (starting specifically with campus police) while ignoring important things like public schools, for years.

Last Edited:
I'm fine with only property owners being able to vote. Of course, these days do any of us really own our property? The government has pretty much encroached into every corner of our lives.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top