JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I've said before, there used to be good ol days when tar and feathering was a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Sometimes the old ways were just better

I for one don't believe you should have to own land in order to vote, as I personally don't own any. Neither do I really feel a need to.

I own where I live it's just not on land, however I don't feel that should hinder my right to vote as a born American.

Obviously I don't believe anyone illegal should vote and honestly anyone under the age of 21 probably shouldn't either, if your not to be trusted to buy a beer why should you be trusted to vote?

Now I'm not saying that there aren't young folks that don't have their heads screwed on straight. Many of them are first responders. Many of them post right here on this website.
I just think that too many of the younger folks rely on pop culture to make their voting decisions.
Thats the same arguement they use against guns. Tske then away because a few use them wrong.

I for one don't believe you should have to own land in order to vote, as I personally don't own any. Neither do I really feel a need to.

I own where I live it's just not on land, however I don't feel that should hinder my right to vote as a born American.

That's just selfish!!! :p;):D

Our forefathers thought those voting should have some skin in the game. Then some leftish bleeding heart came along, changed it, started taxing beer, and it's all been downhill from there!!!

That's just selfish!!! :p;):D

Our forefathers thought those voting should have some skin in the game. Then some leftish bleeding heart came along, changed it, started taxing beer, and it's all been downhill from there!!!

While I can see your point in view, Especially if we were talking about state level voting it is a strong argument.

I am of course quite biased on that taken to a national level, I did however serve the country and as such believe I have plenty of skin in the game as it is regardless of my landlessness

Despite wether we could agree or not on who should/shouldn't vote, we can both agree additional tax on beer is dumb on every level! :D :s0005:

While I can see your point in view, Especially if we were talking about state level voting it is a strong argument.

I am of course quite biased on that taken to a national level, I did however serve the country and as such believe I have plenty of skin in the game as it is regardless of my landlessness

Despite wether we could agree or not on who should/shouldn't vote, we can both agree additional tax on beer is dumb on every level! :D :s0005:

Thank you for your service!

2056032_1.jpg

1c93a99fa41619ae6--starship-troopers-iconic-movies.jpg

And thank you for the support!

Those are fantastic! I had nearly forgotten about that movie!

Lmao I didn't know the proper reaction click thing for that but a big thank you for the laugh!

Heehee, it seemed appropriate to the discussion! :D

IMO in any civilized system, legal citizens that serve our country deserve to be able to vote, own and carry arms, and have all the other rights and privileges they earned.

Does anyone remember the Swiss tradition of raising your sword to vote?

"Ladies and Gentlemen this will be your 25 meter voting.

There are four offices up for election and eleven ballot measures.

When your ballot appears, you will have 3 minutes to verify that your ballot marker is working correctly. The ballots will drop for 10 seconds, when your ballot reappears, you will have 15 minutes to mark your ballot.

Ballots that have marks outside the designated boxes will be discarded. If another voter's mark passes through the privacy screen and strikes your ballot, you may request a new ballot.

READY ON THE LEFT! READY ON THE RIGHT! CITIZENS YOU MAY COMMENSE VOTING WHEN YOUR BALLOT APPEARS!"

I'd be all for limiting voting rights to taxpayers if that meant removing federal income taxes and having only property taxes or state uncome taxes :rolleyes:
After all, maybe it was a better system to run government as if the taxpayers are the board of directors/majority shareholders :p

Again. Consider that the funding comes from all the taxes people pay, for govt programs, Agencies, and salaries

I'm fine with only property owners being able to vote. Of course, these days do any of us really own our property? The government has pretty much encroached into every corner of our lives.
Here in Corvallis we have thousands of college kids who can vote after they gain citizen status. I believe they have to live here a year. Anyway, these low information, brainwashed kids get to vote to raise my taxes!

I'd be all for limiting voting rights to taxpayers if that meant removing federal income taxes and having only property taxes or state uncome taxes :rolleyes:
After all, maybe it was a better system to run government as if the taxpayers are the board of directors/majority shareholders :p

Again. Consider that the funding comes from all the taxes people pay, for govt programs, Agencies, and salaries
Takes me back to when all the states were at each other's throats because there was no common currency and nobody wanted to pay for interstate projects like roads and bridges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top