JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A bill was introduced in Oregon's 2019 session to lower the voting age from 18 to 16. Clearly an attempt to get even more left-leaning, anti-gun, people voting:
Students spoke of a desire to curb gun violence and to protect the environment.
:
"When we have a lockdown and fear for our lives, we know what that feels like. We want to take agency over our own lives," Gabor said.

Last Edited:
We on this and other firearms forums are loudly vocal supporters of the Constitution and more specifically the second amendment. What about the 15th, 19, and 24th amendments (I think those are the correct numbers)? What about the Voting Rights Act of 1965? Are some of you suggesting people should not be allowed to vote if they are poor or under educated? I am fairly sure that would eliminate some members of this forum from the voting roles. There are twelve or thirteen states that allow undocumented residents to acquire drivers licenses besides California and others trying to do the same. We have illegal immigrants, we will likely always have illegal immigrants. No physical wall or hand wringing laws will ameliorate the issue to any great extent. I would like the people driving on our roads to at least have passed an American designed driving test regardless of their country of birth or legal status. Tom

I guess I was wrong. In glorious Oregon you only have to be 16 to register to vote. But still, 16? Personally, I think the voting age should be 35 unless someone has volunteered for military service. Then they can vote from the minute they're in.
Watch for her ballot, I'm reasonable sure she will receive one. Happened to my niece, got her OR drivers license as a green card holder, yup, next election cycle she got a full blown ballot to vote for president...

So a 16 year old is allowed to REGISTER to vote. They still can't vote until they reach 18. How is this fraud on the part of the DMV? Most 16 year olds would just toss the form in the trash. If your daughter actually filled it out and registered you should be crowing about how proud you are of her for taking part instead of getting on here and bubbleguming. Or did you tell her not to bother with voting because the system is so corrupt?

If you're concerned about your ballot being delivered, most counties have a track your ballot notification system that lets you know when they go out and when they receive and accept them for counting. Track Your Ballot

Last Edited:
So a 16 year old is allowed to REGISTER to vote. They still can't vote until they reach 18. How is this fraud on the part of the DMV? Most 16 year olds would just toss the form in the trash. If your daughter actually filled it out and registered you should be crowing about how proud you are of her for taking part instead of getting on here and bubbleguming. Or did you tell her not to bother with voting because the system is so corrupt?

If you're concerned about your ballot being delivered, most counties have a track your ballot notification system that lets you know when they go out and when they receive and accept them for counting. Track Your Ballot

Maybe if you bothered to look at my 2nd post you will see my first line where I said, "I was wrong". I was happy to admit it and hopefully that will be good enough for most people.
However, I stick by my original sentiment regarding who gets ballots and why. Hopefully I don't have to explain that much further.

I'm fine with only property owners being able to vote. Of course, these days do any of us really own our property? The government has pretty much encroached into every corner of our lives.

You are exactly right. We've owned our property where we live "free and clear" for a couple years now, what a joke that is come property tax time. Not complaining mind you, we all have to pay the public freight, but it sure ain't "free and clear". Owning property only means no one else owns it.

They just passed the bill to allow illegal immigrants to get a Oregon drivers license. And assured the public it won't allow them to vote .The public voted this down twice so Our representatives passed it without putting it on the ballot. They will undoubtedly count the votes of illegals and minors .:eek: These people are mentally distorted and don't care about Oregon .Legal Oregon residents are in serious trouble.:(

They just passed the bill to allow illegal immigrants to get a Oregon drivers license. And assured the public it won't allow them to vote .The public voted this down twice so Our representatives passed it without putting it on the ballot. They will undoubtedly count the votes of illegals and minors .:eek: These people are mentally distorted and don't care about Oregon .Legal Oregon residents are in serious trouble.:(
And people question why I shout corruption.

The original reason for property owners to vote was 'Skin in the Game'. If you have something to loose if bad choices are made, you put a serious effort into keeping stupid people out of office.

So far in this thread, everyone agrees that non citizens shouldn't vote, but there is disagreement over how to decide who gets to vote and who doesn't.

So my 16 year old daughter passed her road test last week. Today she gets a voter registration form in the mail. She's 16! WTF is wrong with Oregon? When my wife who is a green card holder got her Oregon license, she also got a notice from the ducking motor voter people reminding her to register to vote. These people are shameless in Oregon.
I do not trust mail in voting and I always drop off my ballots at the county elections office on elections night. Not that I'm sure that does any good as I'm pretty convinced that all voting on the West coast is as corrupt as it could be.
You should impeach the DMV leadership.

So the bank gets the vote and we all live with it?
I guess if you have a mortgage then you don't really own it do you?

The last time I checked, the po-po, the health department, fish and wildlife, and even the BPA all have the right to enter my property with minimal notice to me. If I don't pay my taxes the government can then seize my land. So it sure doesn't feel like I really "own" it.

The original reason for property owners to vote was 'Skin in the Game'. If you have something to loose if bad choices are made, you put a serious effort into keeping stupid people out of office.

So far in this thread, everyone agrees that non citizens shouldn't vote, but there is disagreement over how to decide who gets to vote and who doesn't.

Let's go back to the rule that you have to be a property owner to register to vote, then add a passing a civics test as a requirement... maybe the one that aliens have to take to become a citizen.

That should keep out all the riff/raff that are not smarter than a 5th grader! :D

Let's go back to the rule that you have to be a property owner to register to vote, then add a passing a civics test as a requirement... maybe the one that aliens have to take to become a citizen.

That should keep out all the riff/raff that are not smarter than a 5th grader! :D

And pass a test on the history of the bill of rights and constitution and the reason they were written.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top