JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The level IIIA vest has a shelf life which is varies under circumstances. The ceramic plates if not standalone plates need to have a level IIIA vest to work in conjunction with. Most people do not even realize this when buying armor plates. I always hear people can find cheaper plates but if they are not standalone plates then you need to pay for a vest for them to work so watch your whole investment. One thing to make sure is that if you are buying plates see if they are stand alone, (meaning do not require conjunction with a level II or IIA vest) Standalone plates obviously best widely used in vest and plate carriers.
No that is not a scam or hype that armor does NOT have a shelf life.
Look at testing done to show for NIJ standards.

As far as avatar, should look up the history of the Templar Knights and what they have done and fought for.

The level IIIA vest has a shelf life which is varies under circumstances. The ceramic plates if not standalone plates need to have a level IIIA vest to work in conjunction with. Most people do not even realize this when buying armor plates. I always hear people can find cheaper plates but if they are not standalone plates then you need to pay for a vest for them to work so watch your whole investment. One thing to make sure is that if you are buying plates see if they are stand alone, (meaning do not require conjunction with a level II or IIA vest) Standalone plates obviously best widely used in vest and plate carriers.
No that is not a scam or hype that armor does NOT have a shelf life.
Look at testing done to show for NIJ standards.

As far as avatar, should look up the history of the Templar Knights and what they have done and fought for.

All true.. depending on environmental conditions. Know all about the Knights Templar, as one of my main areas of study is medieval history

Got pics of the fit and finish? Which plates did you order again?

I got the IIIA pistol plates. Fit and finish is great, and they fit perfectly in my TAG carrier which is really nice

ujJGDY2h.jpg

U6xU0Wvh.jpg

7B5rO3Bh.jpg

hCebNWhh.jpg

i dont suppose anyone knows of a good low budget plate/carrier combo that can be purchased new? we are going to be getting our home security in order here in the next couple of weeks and i was thinking of a couple plate carriers to go along with a couple pump actions. i just dont think i can afford more than a couple hundred on a single armor set.

i dont suppose anyone knows of a good low budget plate/carrier combo that can be purchased new? we are going to be getting our home security in order here in the next couple of weeks and i was thinking of a couple plate carriers to go along with a couple pump actions. i just dont think i can afford more than a couple hundred on a single armor set.

Not new...anything under $1k is usually used (hence why I went estatic over the SD MAX ARMOR that I already mentioned on page 2).

Keep Shooting gets in used, surplus armor from time to time. I'd check them out if SD is not what you're looking for but are willing to buy something used.

My theory is that as technology improves (and as more companies get into this field), we will see cheaper & lighter armor (like DKX) pop up.

However, I fear if you cannot simply read four pages on a subject about armor then chances are you're not going to buy any anyways and I'm waisting time replying to this message.

actually ive been given the girlfriend's seal of approval to buy armor and an 18" 870. i just have to keep the total below $1k. i would prefer to just get new gear since its purpose specific to home defense. of course when it comes to body armr the majority of protection is in the plates. i suppose a used carrier thats in good shape wont be a big deal.

My theory is that as technology improves (and as more companies get into this field), we will see cheaper & lighter armor (like DKX) pop up.

Agreed... as technology and research improves, I can imagine stronger, more lighter versions of armor will emerge. Even armor based off... THE MANTIS SHRIMP! (which is neither a mantis nor a shrimp)

Claw of peacock mantis shrimp possible model for body armor - Los Angeles Times

Engineers in Kisailus' laboratory have already started making composite materials based on the tiny creature's biology, he said, forging substances that are similar to the tissue in the periodic region and forming them into sheets measuring about one foot square and less than an inch thick.

Some of Kisailus' students took a few of the squares out to the desert and fired at them with high-velocity rounds.

The squares cracked a bit but survived, with energy from the impact dissipating laterally into the material.

The bullets were flattened.

anyone have an experience with a plate carrier like this one? Compact Armor Plate Carrier - Bulletproof Vest - Best Bulletproof Vest - Buy Bulletproof Vest

looks like it would fit well and not be cumbersome, other than the rigidness of the plates. also fits in my budget.

Compact armor carriers are pretty comfortable, though you sacrifice side protection. Are you looking to buy one a single plate, or buy a double?

If you decide to go for double (one in front, one in back) AR500 has cheaper deal on a compact carrier, plus you get pouches.

AR500 Armor Urban Go Rig

Since SteelDefender and AR500 both use steel plates, the weight will be about the same - about 7-8 pounds per a plate.

actually looks like an identical carrier with extras on it for cheaper. i dont think you could really say the other one is even worth buying, when you look at this one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top