JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not at all, just asking if you believe in what simon has posted are facts.

Answer the questions, please.

I kindly asked for no sidestepping.

Rick4070 I am not here to answer your questions.
I am here to enjoy a sport and an industry that I have precipitated in for my enjoyment as a hobby and a business over my lifetime.
I have nothing to prove to you and can care less of your opinion of myself and as for your devious approach looking for support wile you try to diminish someone else, Well that is not my way either. I would rather like to know I helped someone learn something to better themselves, than to take the path of constantly beating people down for what you intrepid as being correct. There are better ways to communicate, weather someone has made a mistake or not. I have reviewed your recent posts and can't believe a man in his 50s would present himself as I would expect from a 16 year old child. But that then does explain a lot.
Silver Hand

You choose not to answer a direct question because you can't answer honestly without calling someone elses errors incorrect.

That's clear as crystal.

Reminds me of cronyism.

I too, would rather help someone learn something, but when they post errors and misinformation, should we not question them?

Should we not ask them to back up their opinion with facts and figures?

We here sure do that when the anti-gunners spew their nonsense, don't we?

There is too much misinformation out there already without passing out MORE misinformation.

I have been involved with the firearms field for most of my life, and have helped many, many people learn about firearms.

What I can't abide are untruths, misinformation and lies.

I have been chasing the truth about what a .50 Cal. BMG bullet will, and won't do for about the last ten years.

In EVERY case, when the "ripping skin off/removiing limbs without the bullet hitting them/ "pressure wave" blowing someone apart bull comes up, and I ask where the proof of such outlandish things are, folks ALWAYS say: " I heard it, it was told to me, the instructor told us, I saw a video on Youtube of Afghan insurgents being blown apart with a .50 cal." etc., etc., when I ask for simple proof, there is NONE, zero, zilch, nada.

Folks especially get quiet when the Afghan Sniper video is PROVEN to be a pirated copy of a varmint hunting video.

When YOU were asked to prove your "red misty paist," you posted a link to a video of a deer shot with a hunting type bullet, which doesn't prove a thing, like as if I wouldn't call you on it.

How are YOU helping to better someone when you yourself pass off falsehoods and misinformation?

So, I'm going to keep seeking the truth about the "magic" .50 cal., and perhaps SOMEDAY someone will back up their bull with cold, hard facts, not more lies, untruths and misinformation.

BTW, I have to admit, simons "bullets gain energy the further they go down range," is a new one on me, too bad he is going to keep believing that, I really thought someone other than me would "help someone learn something to better themselves," but I now know that some here are afraid to correct errors and misinformation.

I'm sure that he would have given your opinion more validity than he would mine, because I'd bet that you don't think bullets gain energy the further they go down range any more than I do.

So be it, at least I know where you stand, just keep on letting people walk in ignorance, when you could teach them something.

I did, however find simons opinion that you comparing military bullets to hunting bullets as "laughable," is something he and I agreed on, and found common ground on.

As to your personal attacks, well, I COULD lower myself to your level and say that you spell and use words like a 10 year old, I have had to grit my teeth everytime I've had to post "paist" rather than "paste," and "I have precipitated in," "wile," "intrepid," and "weather" are a hoot, too, but saying those things would be mean, hurtful, irrelevant to the topic, and out of line, wouldn't it?

Rick,
I never claimed to be a ballistics expert, but have seen firsthand the damage a 50 bmg round can do to a human, armor, tanks, buildings, etc. If you would like more info, feel free to PM me . I enjoy spirited dialogue, but the back and forth argumentative posting is pretty tiresome.

I agree.

All I ask for is some proof of what people claim the "magic" .50 cal. can do.

I have talked to a Major in the Army, a nurse, and his first hand experiences with bullet wounds caused by a .50 cal. don't agree with what some others have said about people being completely blown in half, limbs completely torn off, etc., and I believe him.

Devastating, horrific wounds, yes, but not the above claims.

And, I'm not talking about what happens if a .50 cal. bullet passes through a block wall, and what the shards from that wall might do, or what if the bullet passes through armor, and wounds the resulting shards might cause..

I also find VERY doubtful that a bullet, any bullet, passing close by will rip skin off, remove limbs etc.

Does it not make sense that if a .50 cal. bullet passing through a flimsy paper target doesn't shred it to pieces, that any "pressure wave" can not rip skin off?

And, thanks for no personal attacks.

No .50 cal experts on this, a DKX armor thread? That's inconceivable!

Nice thread-jack, guys.

The DKX stuff seems pretty nice. Light and fast. My only gripe is that the III does not stop M855. There are other armor companies on the market doing the same thing with dyneema, some using a ceramic layer as was previously mentioned that will stop M855. I noticed at the time their product was less expensive, however, they had no NIJ certification on it as of yet. I believe it was Midwest Armor but revisiting their website, I see their prices have gone up considerably.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top