JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Background:
Born & raised in Oregon, already own a few sbr/suppressors
Moving to Washington
Unsure of Washington Form 1 laws. I hear that SBRs are legal to own in Washington, but not legal to build yourself. Does this apply to silencers as well?

Question:
I'd like to build a silencer on a form 1, is it legal to DIY/build-your-own a silencer in Washington on an atf form 1?

Google'd a bit but most answers are from businesses trying to sell completed silencers, not home builds.

It used to be legal to own silencers but not to use them. Yeah, I know. Now you can buy them and build them and use them.

SBR's were illegal then they were legal to build but not legal to buy. That changed too. Now theyre fine to build and buy.

Theres a few machine guns grandfathered in in Washington but not many . Its been a long time since they were legal to buy in Washington. You can't legally own machine gun parts in Washington which means different things to different sellers sending parts to the state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top