Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

DIY Pole buildings

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jluck, Mar 11, 2014.

1. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

Does anyone have insight to pole buildings here? Mainly curious about the trusses. I am planning a on putting up a small pole building at my current home soon (30x36x16) and don't know about trusses, Will a normal truss building plant do pole specific trusses or are they usually made by the kit builder?

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I have no firsthand experience putting them up, but I've researched it from time to time. Every kit I've ever looked at included the trusses. Whether they were built by the kit assembler or built by a separate truss plant I don't know, but they'll be engineered for your building (assuming you need an engineer's stamp for the permit).

3. jluck

As far as I know, only the trusses need engineering, I will owner/builder the rest.

4. READYPRO1

READYPRO1 CENTRAL OREGON Member

Most truss plants build the trusses they are an Ag truss as in agricultrual and they do usally include the engineering

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I designed & built my 30x48x12 pole building but had the trusses engineered & delivered to my land. Easy as pie, they do all the calculations from your location listed.

6. jluck

I talked with Relco truss yesterday, what I need (34' 4/12) are only 125.00 each! With 59.00 posts locally this is looking possible for late summer.

7. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

8. jluck