JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I watched Mattv2099's video on his 'bumpinator' stock last fall, and was inspired to build my own. Since then, Slidefire has released a 10/22 bumpfire stock for $450.

<broken link removed>

The ammo situation has had this project back burnered for a while. However, I found some CCI MiniMags at Bob's in Longview the other day, and it inspired me to dig this rifle out and take a video. I figured I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHo7ixo1p-Y

This is still a work in progress. In my perfect pipe dream, I could run it suppressed with subsonic ammo. However, i think the added weight of the can and the light recoil of the subs make that impossible. My attainable goal is to get it tuned to run Federal Bulk pack ammo reliably.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are running a buffer at all, you might get a little more kick if you keep it stock.

Interesting thought. I'm inherently value oriented, so I used the unthreaded shank of a 3" Nylon bolt I purchased for $.39 in place of the existing bolt stop. This made a huge reduction in action noise when running subsonic ammo suppressed before I started this project.

Now that you mention it, I can see how the sudden, clanky stop of the bolt against a steel pin might very well transfer the bolt's energy to the action sharper and harsher and louder...the reverse of what I was looking for when running quiet, but exactly what I'm looking for running rapid.

I'll definitely try switching it back out for the stock steel pin in my quest to run bulk ammo.

Thanks for the thought/tip!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top