JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It will probably depend on what the original crime was.
If it was DV or such ,it may take a bit. If it was DUI may be easier.
All you can do is give it a try,then if you are denied,try a lawyer.

I know a guy,:rolleyes:,that has a CCP and has gone thru the same sort of thing,cough,cough.
It wasn't a full fledged dywy though. And the guy lives in WA
I may not be able to go to canucda, but I can't take guns so who cares?

I thought Washington as a "shall issue" state gave you a CPL as long as you where legal to own a firearm? Is that not correct? I always assumed if you could pass a background check you where pretty much guaranteed a CPL

The applicant's constitutional right to bear arms shall not be denied, unless:
(a) He or she is ineligible to possess a firearm under the provisions of RCW 9.41.040 or 9.41.045, or is prohibited from possessing a firearm under federal law;
(b) The applicant's concealed pistol license is in a revoked status;
(c) He or she is under twenty-one years of age;
(d) He or she is subject to a court order or injunction regarding firearms pursuant to RCW 9A.46.080, 10.14.080, 10.99.040, 10.99.045, 26.09.050, 26.09.060, 26.10.040, 26.10.115, 26.26.130, 26.50.060, 26.50.070, or 26.26.590;
(e) He or she is free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal, or sentencing for a felony offense;
(f) He or she has an outstanding warrant for his or her arrest from any court of competent jurisdiction for a felony or misdemeanor; or
(g) He or she has been ordered to forfeit a firearm under RCW 9.41.098(1)(e) within one year before filing an application to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person.
No person convicted of a felony may have his or her right to possess firearms restored or his or her privilege to carry a concealed pistol restored, unless the person has been granted relief from disabilities by the attorney general under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 925(c), or RCW 9.41.040 (3) or (4) applies.

He's in Oregon but I think they are pretty close.But if it was any violent crime,diversion or not,they will take a longer look at it.
Plus dude you're 8 years out.If y'all kept your nose clean for 8 years I believe you would be sitting pretty good either way

I have a diversion from 2007. Is this going to keep me from getting my concealed carry?

Assuming you only had ONE DUI conviction (and no more than 3 DUI convictions) in a 10 year period that would make your situation a misdemenor (at worst) under ORS 813.010(4)(5a)

Then assuming you have had no (further/other) misdemeanor convictions AT LEAST four years prior to your CHL application (you are at seven years), you are eligible to obtain an OR CHL under ORS 166.291(1)(h)

Hope that helps clear things up. ;)

I am not an atty.....however, if you successfully completed your diversion, and that was the only arrest/conviction that you have, your LEDS record is going to show "DIVR" and not "CONV". I suspect you will be eligible for an Oregon chl pursuant to the above cited statute. If you have purchased a firearm through a source that required a background check and you were not denied at the counter, I suspect you will be successful. Please don't drink and drive. Good luck.

Dang, ask a simple question and look how it spins off. LOL.

Yeah, that's kind of the way it goes around here much of the time. I just learned to roll with it. I opened a thread the other day, some folks took it off the rails and the mods shut it down. Oh well, it happens ;)

Like someone else has already stated, unless its your 3rd DUI after the one you used diversion on, its still a misdemeanor and as long as its been at least 4 years since your previous misdemeanor DUI, you will likely be issued a chl.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top