JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That opinion was scathing. The government's argument was so fundamentally flawed that the magistrate even resorted to a Wikipedia joke to satirize the government's position. Even a second year law student knows that the Tenth Amendment is a restriction on federal powers and that it specifies that only the states have general police powers.

I hope this goes somewhere positive for the previous bumpstock owners and manufactures.

Maybe one day it will be worth the effort to find the bumpstocks lost at the bottom of lakes.

I hope this goes somewhere positive for the previous bumpstock owners and manufactures.

Maybe one day it will be worth the effort to find the bumpstocks lost at the bottom of lakes.

More importantly, if a current regime can do an about face like this on gun laws, that bodes ill for the future, whether it is bump stocks, binary triggers or whatever is the evil gun feature de jour.

Everyone knows the bumpstock ban was a political farce to make Trump look like he cared about the issue. Binary triggers accomplish the same thing, and do so more accurately with more control - but they didn't ban those - yet.

The point is, binary triggers may give more control, but they aren't as reliable. I would think the best thing to do is get a custom trigger, say 4 lbs. That will give you more control, and allow you to pull the trigger when needed, target practicing, fighting off home invaders just released from prison courtesy of Liberals. Speaking of liberals, they should go back to what they call "art" and leave politics alone. They'd be much happier.

The point is, binary triggers may give more control, but they aren't as reliable. I would think the best thing to do is get a custom trigger, say 4 lbs. That will give you more control, and allow you to pull the trigger when needed, target practicing, fighting off home invaders just released from prison courtesy of Liberals. Speaking of liberals, they should go back to what they call "art" and leave politics alone. They'd be much happier.

I don't have a bump stock, but I have observed them being used, along with people doing bump firing without the stock. I do not believe a bump stock to be more 'reliable' than a binary trigger, at least not the current mainstream iterations of binary triggers - I've seen bump stocks/firing cause problems and they do not reliably fire multiple shots without practice.

A couple of decades ago I modified a semi-auto rifle trigger to be binary with a feeler gauge. It was rather reliable, but occasionally had the trigger follow the bolt forward. If this is what you are thinking of, then that problem has since been solved with today's properly engineered binary triggers.

As for your suggestion about triggers - indeed, that is what I have done. I bought a Geissele trigger that is supposed to be almost as fast as a binary, but only fires a shot when pulled, not when released. I did that in part because at the time the ATF was considering the bump stock ruling and I feared they would include binary triggers.

The point of my original post is that the way the bump stock ban was enacted means that the ATF and whatever regime is in power, can arbitrarily reinterpret the law as they see fit. It appears the SCOTUS doesn't have a problem with this either. :(

I don't have either a bump stock or binary trigger just a custom 4lb. Control, reliability, quick follow-up. When target shooting, or if need be home defense, I don't need either a binary or bump stock. I haven't heard, as yet, of any burglar or other break in criminal carrying a gun with a binary trigger or bump stock. They all seem to carry semi auto pistols. When it comes to mass shootings at malls, churches, schools, other public venues, those idiots do anything to inflict as much harm as possible (Las Vegas for example). But he seemed to be the exception.
One other note. When the second amendment was written, the British were carrying muskets, so the populace had to be able to respond with equal force, muskets. Now the enemy has access to fully automatic rifles and RPG's in the United States (for RPG's note Los Angeles buy back day in 2012 -link- Gun buyback program in Los Angles takes 2,000 weapons off the streets - including two rocket propelled grenade launchers). So, doesn't it follow in the spirit of why the second amendment was written that we should be able to purchase equal firepower?

So, doesn't it follow in the spirit of why the second amendment was written that we should be able to purchase equal firepower?

Certainly. You are relatively new here, so maybe you have not heard me state that my position on 2A is that anything the gov has, civilians should have, from slingshots to tanks to mortars to hand grenades.

The only exceptions I make is that nobody, including the government, should have NBC weapons. The primary difference being is that if those weapons are left untended, they will eventually harm someone without humans using them; they each leak and contaminate if left alone long enough. Guns, most explosives, etc., do not - in fact, most, if left alone long enough, will degrade such that they are less lethal.

You can't reload. When you pull the binary trigger and a shot fires, then you release the trigger, another shot should fire but doesn't. There is something wrong with the mechanism and a round could inadvertently go off, the only option is to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction and call customer service.

I don't have either a bump stock or binary trigger just a custom 4lb. Control, reliability, quick follow-up. When target shooting, or if need be home defense, I don't need either a binary or bump stock. I haven't heard, as yet, of any burglar or other break in criminal carrying a gun with a binary trigger or bump stock. They all seem to carry semi auto pistols. When it comes to mass shootings at malls, churches, schools, other public venues, those idiots do anything to inflict as much harm as possible (Las Vegas for example). But he seemed to be the exception.
One other note. When the second amendment was written, the British were carrying muskets, so the populace had to be able to respond with equal force, muskets. Now the enemy has access to fully automatic rifles and RPG's in the United States (for RPG's note Los Angeles buy back day in 2012 -link- Gun buyback program in Los Angles takes 2,000 weapons off the streets - including two rocket propelled grenade launchers). So, doesn't it follow in the spirit of why the second amendment was written that we should be able to purchase equal firepower?
Those are harmless used AT-4 single use rocket launchers. They cannot be reloaded and the city and media made incorrect statements about them, probably for maximum political value.

You can't reload. When you pull the binary trigger and a shot fires, then you release the trigger, another shot should fire but doesn't. There is something wrong with the mechanism and a round could inadvertently go off, the only option is to keep the gun pointed in a safe direction and call customer service.
I take it you have no experience with binary triggers, because you flip it out of binary mode and release the trigger. This is in the user manual. If you have hammer follow you cycle the action. You can easily feel if the mechanism failed to ignite a primer. Just like any gun with a hangfire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top