JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How should I dispose of powder that I have spilled on the ground. It is contaminated now so I don't want to use it but I am not sure what the proper way is for disposal. Can someone help me out? Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I just flush what little I have that spills. Just flush a couple times to make sure it makes it all the way to the main sewer. If on a septic tank, it's right at home with all the other stuff in the tank. Won't explode.

I had a friend who vacuumed it with a canister vacuum that had an electrically powered sweeper head. Once.

Years ago there was a canister vac that used water to trap the dust. The name was "Rainbow". If anyone bought one of these expensive units it would be great for picking up spilled powder.

I use a Shop Vac Mini all the time to keep powder particles from accumulating around my work area. I added a paper filter bag to it so anything the enters it is trapped in the paper bag and doesn't go anywhere near the motor. I just change out the bag regularly.

I don't care how careful one is, there are always a few granules that escape. Load a few thousand rounds in a session and they add up. Keeping the accumulation to a bare minimum is important and this small vac does the job.

(Funny voice) I sweep it up and put it in a can of mixed powders I have marked as, "Party Mix". I use it for my free loading friends for practice ammo. Just mix it well and use data for the fastest powder you have in there. Works great. Not!!! Just throw it on the lawn.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top