JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...to displaced foreign travelers. Is that legal?

I guess not: 2 arrested for selling gun to illegal immigrants

SALT LAKE CITY — Two men, purported to be illegal immigrants, have been arrested after being accused of selling various firearms to other illegal immigrants.

Raul Hernandez-Reyes, 26, and Andres Cervantes-Pulido, 28, both of Mexico City, were arrested by agents from the Statewide Enforcement of Crimes by Undocumented Residents Task Force for investigation of possession and sale of firearms by restricted persons to restricted persons.

Leo Lucey, who serves as the section chief over the strike force within the Utah Attorney General's Office, said investigators are still working to determine where the weapons are coming from, but said they believe they are being bought and smuggled into Mexico.

"That's typically what we're seeing," he said, noting that they are unsure if the men are linked to any specific gang or drug cartel. "We do know that at least one of the two was involved with methamphetamine."

The pair was picked up following an investigation spanning several weeks that showed guns being sold at public parking lots and local businesses.

"The information was received from residents and business people from within the immigrant community who were concerned," he said.

According to the Attorney General's Office, the men sold an unregistered silencer and hundreds of rounds of high power handgun and rifle ammunition in addition to various illegal firearms. In total, Lucey said there were at least seven transactions made since the investigation began in November.

The majority of the firearms were fully loaded when they were sold at locations throughout the Salt Lake Valley.

“Unlike some other illegal weapons seized by the SECURE Strike Force, these guns were top quality firearms in excellent condition,” Attorney General Mark Shurtleff said. “Utah communities are safer tonight because the criminals who sold these guns are behind bars and these guns are not in the hands of other criminals who cannot legally possess them.”

Both men are currently being held in Salt Lake County Jail.

For those that don't already know: Is that what they're calling them now? :p

You have to remember one thing: people that will do things that are against the law, do not care what the law is....

You might also want to consider: some of these people may need SD protection more than you do.

Pointless post;

Statewide Enforcement of Crimes by Undocumented Residents Task Force? SECURT-F? As in 'Security Force'? Wow. Someone just brought out the acronym stick and started whackin', just whackin' around untill it was dead.

Dear Tits, I'm pretty sure that the " Mine the Border" comment was tounge in cheek. I suspect that if a member of your family was raped and murdered by one of these illegals you might feel differently. I do agree that the incentives to enter our country illegally make no sense to me and that's why it's necessary to vote right.

Dear Tits, I'm pretty sure that the " Mine the Border" comment was tounge in cheek. I suspect that if a member of your family was raped and murdered by one of these illegals you might feel differently. I do agree that the incentives to enter our country illegally make no sense to me and that's why it's necessary to vote right.

I have had 2 family members killed by illegals. Then they were sent back and one of them came back in no less then 3 months going around like nothing happend. When he was reported they would not even arrest him. He was a murdering waste of fresh. I was not joking.Mine the borders. Death penalty for all of the ones who kill people becasue they are preditors. Preditors should be removed from the gene pool. Do not pass go do not collect 200.00 dollars. The reason there country is so bad is becasue the good ones left it. So not only are they criminals they are traitors to there own and to stupid to relise it themselfs. If they love the place go back. If they love America then they need to follow the laws and do it legally.

That is irresponsibly and unnecessary, simply remove the incentive for them to come here, no free medical, no free welfare, no free education, no shelter pass for those pumping out "anchor babies", no social security, etc, etc, etc. Put a bird feeder on your front porch expect birds to show up, it works with cat food and cats too, it only makes sense the same will apply to illegal immigrants.

Well put Tits!!! Plus weren't we all immigrants here at one point... ;) But I agree its getting out of hand and free handouts is just adding to the problem immensely! And murder is murder in any place, country, etc. so why does it matter who did it when its just wrong period when its done. Rules (DEATH, my opinion only!) should apply period for things like that anywhere you go...

Simple answer is the corporations that control our government don't want cheap labor stopped. Hence the porous borders. They could have been locked down long ago but that is not what they want, simple as that. It is more important to chase goat herders around mountains 2500 miles away for no apparent reason except .... well why bother ...

Not directed at anyone personally, but it sure feels like this site has quite a liberal following. It must be confusing to be a gun loving Democrat. I would like to know how the two ideologies coexist. Ken

That is irresponsibly and unnecessary, simply remove the incentive for them to come here, no free medical, no free welfare, no free education, no shelter pass for those pumping out "anchor babies", no social security, etc, etc, etc. Put a bird feeder on your front porch expect birds to show up, it works with cat food and cats too, it only makes sense the same will apply to illegal immigrants.

There will still be fat white women, things to steal, and druggies to push their product to. And greed that pushes people to hire illegal workers at half the cost of US citizens. None of the things you mentioned will stop them.

When my family came to the US in 1955 (I was a young kid in Grade school at the time) anyone that had a guaranteed job could come. The party immigrating and whoever guaranteed the job had to guarantee five years of self support. There were no government support programs. There were no "ESL" classes either. You went to school and English was the only language...and you learned it or you did not procede in class. No, I am northern European, not Mexican or Spanish.

Titz is correct, remove the free incentives, and only those that wish to work and contribute to the ecomony, will come. The problem is not the immigrants, the problem is social welfare and the immigration laws.

Back during WWII the mexican laborers were what fed this country. They came to work, not suck on the government welfare teet. When the harvest was over, they went back to Mexico. There are good and bad in any and every group. Just like as responsible gun owners we do not want to be painted with the same brush as the people who misuse their firearms, don't paint all Mexicans with the same brush as the bad ones.

BTW: It is our government that created the drug problem too. Dont think so? Study history. What did prohibition create? (XVIII ammendment) The equally stupid "war on drugs" is doing exactly the same thing, the only thing is the politicos love the control they gain from it so they won't let it go.

BTW: It is our government that created the drug problem too. Dont think so? Study history. What did prohibition create? (XVIII ammendment) The equally stupid "war on drugs" is doing exactly the same thing, the only thing is the politicos love the control they gain from it so they won't let it go.

So that excuses the illegal mules that bring it over? Hmmm... Don't think so. Valid accusation, but has nothing to do with who hustles the drugs present day.

Not directed at anyone personally, but it sure feels like this site has quite a liberal following. It must be confusing to be a gun loving Democrat. I would like to know how the two ideologies coexist. Ken

I have thought this for quite some time about the majority of people on this site. It seems all good until the same thing their preaching about happens to them.......

Oh wait, let me put my disclaimer in....."the views expressed here are only the views of this poster and not of this website or any of the members here".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top