JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
consider the factors:
1) nice shorty lever Henry .22LR;
2) geezer vision
3) compact/decent glass choices over red dot optic;
4) hobby level casual target setting

yes, I too was one of those who could plink all day at the bottom of a 100 yard pop can & never miss; <kaffkaff>

that was many decades ago.....those 50' targets are considerably harder to properly use now that gravity has become stronger....;); goal is decent groups out to 75 yards.

I'm thinking along the lines of a compact ultra clear 3x or 4x; of course, the real rimfire operator would consider ANY scope on such as a form of defamation.

Whattaya got?

Last Edited:
If you don't make some adaptations, you'll slowly drift from where you're used to being and that will subconsciously cause you to shoot less. My Dad's favorite 22 was a Ruger 77/22 with an aperture sight. His eyes slowly got worse and the groups would open up and soon he had a harder time picking up the target and front sight. Now, he has a 4-12x scope with an easy-to-use focus knob, and he's back to shooting small groups.

I usually say the Primary Arms fixed 6x with 22lr ACSS reticle.

But on a lever gun something nicer like a Leupold in gloss black would look nice.

I'm impressed with the Freedom series by Leupold, 2-7 is a nice range on one of my 22's

looking for 'great' full field view; concern of pudgy/clutzy/clumsy/awkward external configuration interfering with the litheness of the lever actions.

looking for 'great' full field view; concern of pudgy/clutzy/clumsy/awkward external configuration interfering with the litheness of the lever actions.

I have a vintage Sears 46C (Marlin 56) lever that I have a vintage Redfield Widefield on. My old eyes like the wide field of view and the various magnification choices (4x, 2-5, 3x9) gives one a lot of types of shooting options.

A simple, cheap and readily available solution: Simmons 22MAG 3-9 x 32mm would do. They are frequently on sale at your local Bi-Mart.

BUT, for me....I like something with an adjustable objective for my .22LR rifles.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews