JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To top it all off, because some members see the "gouging" they decide to make a satirical/joking ad for ammo at insane prices. Like to make some kind of point or something. But all it does it make more work for us mods.

In case anyone forgot, fake/comedic/satire ads are NOT allowed per forum rules. :rolleyes:

Had to delete one last night. $1000 for 1000 rounds of .22lr. Come on people grow the F up and move on. Nothing you do or say will change the "gouging".

Hard to know whether someone selling a single box of 7.62x39 mil-surp ball ammo for $1 per round is satire or real? I was really tempted to put up my case of 3K 7.62x39 ball ammo for sale if the person that bought that (it was marked as sold) was really willing to pay that much for plain Jane ball ammo. I would make a 10X profit (yes, I paid about $300 for it decades ago).

Hard to know whether someone selling a single box of 7.62x39 mil-surp ball ammo for $1 per round is satire or real? I was really tempted to put up my case of 3K 7.62x39 ball ammo for sale if the person that bought that (it was marked as sold) was really willing to pay that much for plain Jane ball ammo. I would make a 10X profit (yes, I paid about $300 for it decades ago).

Well, that's part of the problem. But if ANYONE asks $1/round for .22LR I'll delete the ad on general principle. :mad:

Everything is worth whatever people are willing to pay.

Price "fixing"/controls hurt the markets, be it for foods, water, gasoline/oil, or consumer goods.

Again, it is good that we have the freedom to set prices, or to buy things or not.

If the Govt, be it State or Federal, dictates that prices for firearms related items have to be at an arbritary level other than "taxes and fees" then that is not a free market.

I don't begrudge one to raise costs of ammo.. although I do see that it might appear unethical to raise prices far beyond what other companies are selling the same items for... but I don't think they should be forced to lower their prices. They have every right to set prices, and consumers have every right to not buy or buy from them

Now, if all the ammo sellers raised their prices to the same level as CTD then yes I would agree that there's something wrong there. But as it stands?

Unless the hate-Trumpers have their way and are able to somehow get their hero Biden elected because of this. Then all bets are off, and these could end up being the good-old-days. :( (Edit- Heretic beat me to the point. :))

As to "gouging", the guys I don't like are the ones who run down and clean off the shelves at Bimart before anyone else can, then flip it all for double. It's legal and you can do whatever you want, but it just seems sleazy to me.

On the other hand, say a guy has an extra case or two of 9mm (I do not, btw) that he needs to sell at this time. What is the right thing for him to do? Should he sell them for pre-panic prices, with the likelihood that the buyer will flip it and make a big profit?

It's academic to me, because I'm neither buying nor selling. I do remember a story from a couple panics ago about a guy who had an extra AK of some sort. He'd bought it cheap a couple years earlier and then things went nuts. He had an acquaintance who kept pestering him to sell it to him, and at the price he'd paid, make him a "buddy" deal.

He finally relented and sold it to the guy. Shortly thereafter he found out that he flipped it for double. The guy didn't even understand why he was upset.

The only "buddy" deals I would make would be for family and trusted friends.
Shortages always bring out the opportunists and gouging.
Back during the .22 shortage a local shop back in San Jose had a brick of Remington Thundercrap for $135. No that isn't a typo, $135 bucks. A different LGS was selling the Walmart ammo in their stores, just putting their stickers for twice the Walmart price over the Walmart tag.
Old geezers would be at WalMart at 6 AM to buy up all the .22 when they opened and when Walmart limited sales to 2 per customer, the geezers brought their wives. They were flipping them on the CalGuns site.
. I donated a brick to the local Friends of the NRA dinner every year from 2010 till I left. It always went for well over $50 in the silent auction. Of course, booze may have been a factor in those sales, especially the last couple years when 22 was available;)

I have a somewhat 'sideways' take on this -

If a person had no ammo then they probably weren't shooting much or if at all.

Therefore if they decide to suddenly patronize someones' inflated prices just to have ammo they are most likely not going to shoot what they bought either.

I may be way off but I have seen this before.

Last Edited:
I have a somewhat 'sideways' take on this -

If a person had no ammo then they probably weren't shooting much or if at all.

Therefore if they decide to suddenly patronize someones' inflated prices just to have ammo they are most likely not going to shoot what they bought either.

I may be way off but I have seen this before.

Up until now I have not shot much - I usually had too much going on or I was too lazy. Now I am going to try to dedicate some periodic time to do some target practice with .22 rimfire as that is what I have plenty of (last count, 30+K) and the least expensive.

To top it all off, because some members see the "gouging" they decide to make a satirical/joking ad for ammo at insane prices. Like to make some kind of point or something. But all it does it make more work for us mods.

In case anyone forgot, fake/comedic/satire ads are NOT allowed per forum rules. :rolleyes:

Had to delete one last night. $1000 for 1000 rounds of .22lr. Come on people grow the F up and move on. Nothing you do or say will change the "gouging".

I only put the "Laughing" likey up because that's what I do when I see ads that are twice, or more, the price it was a month ago. And from a member who joined yesterday, or several years ago with only 5 posts! HarHar.

It's almost too bad you have to delete the funny ones. But I fully agree with it. The classifieds would be a M-E-S-S if you didn't. And there's a bunch of funny people here.

Does the "sad face" as a response break any rules? If so, I can stop...

I got caught in a rising price ammo time after inheriting a 7.62x51 semi-auto. Prices were just too high for Lake City boxed M80 ammo. I finally pulled the trigger on some at 80 cents a round for 500, in 20 round boxes. After a while, prices returned to normal and I bought another 500 of the same stuff for 60 cents a round. I now slowly increase my stock of 7.62x51when good deals come around.

This was the only time that I have been short on ammo when prices skyrocketed, except when they stopped making .375 Winchester ammo and sellers were really gouging - $150 a box.

Just to add my feelings for the scalpers that kept clearing out Walmart and BiMart stock of .22 ammo and selling for outrageous prices - I hope that they got stuck with it or ate the $ when stock went up and prices down.

A guy walked into a furniture store and ask the price of a common chest of drawers. The sales man said $30 and the customer says that's too much the store down the street sells them for $20. Salesman says why don't you buy it down there? The guy says they are out of them.

Not sure where to post this my bad for offending anyone

Has anyone noticed the price gouging in classified forums

Ammuntion for starters

I'm all about making a profit but some of what I'm seeing is just wrong
I didn't post this to start a fight with anyone and that seems to be what has happened
my bad for offending anyone
TELL IT LIKE IT IS BROTHER !!! THE DOLLAR VIRUS IMO HAS AFFECTED SOME IN THE GUN WORLD FOR SURE...

I want everyone to learn a term here: FOMO

F
ear Of Missing Out

Are you panic buying guns, mags and ammunition like everyone else, and contributing to the increase in prices because you think this will be your last chance to buy these items at this price during your lifetime?

Are you old enough to remember the last time it happened? How did you feel in the moment, and how did you feel years after? Did you miss out on anything you weren't able to purchase later for a lower price? For me, Sandy Hook was the last time this happened in my lifetime, and I remember $30 stripped lowers selling for $150, and bricks of .22LR selling for $40+.

What are the fundamentals behind the price increase today? Are they short term fundamentals or things that will alter prices long term?

I'd argue it's a short term increase, just like toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

Not sure where to post this my bad for offending anyone

Has anyone noticed the price gouging in classified forums

Ammuntion for starters

I'm all about making a profit but some of what I'm seeing is just wrong
I didn't post this to start a fight with anyone and that seems to be what has happened
my bad for offending anyone
Gotta tell ya' Fred.... this has been a great thread! Lots of input. Turbulent times. Lots of people out there doing weird things. I was in Bi-Mart yesterday and we saw that they only had one PMR-30 left....talk about weird! My wife threw down and bought it....$349! I love my wife. We have weathered a lot. Good thing I have a couple ammo cans full of .22mag ammo.
I have frequently talked about the "economy" of this web site. I can understand laws of supply and demand. Most of the people on here are patriots. Many different levels of socioeconomic strata. I hope our fellow members don't destroy our NWFA economy. This thing is gonna pass and we will all be left with the fallout.
SEMPER FI

FortRock

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews