JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Poly 80 frames ship to your door and could be done in a couple of hours easily. Snip snip, dremel here, drill there, sand here and you're done. Much lower risk than breaking into to somebody's house to try and steal a firearm.

Keep in mind the young gang bangers have lots of free time and often money on their hands.
Not that simple to make run. The thing the guy assassinated the Japanese guy with not too long ago was far simpler

I spent about 10 years working with inner city gang bangers. Chicago &Los Angeles bloods, ms13, crips, 18th street, and more. They are not using 80 % kits. They use a beat up, thrice stolen piece of crap that is crusty in the waistband. I have confiscated them from kids who threatened me more than once. You are likely to find raven, Jennings, HI point and such. Your average gang member will have a stolen piece. I used to have a local precinct on literal speed dial to pick up confiscated guns. Often stolen from mom's abusive boyfriend or one of mom's John's. I even found 2 or 3 in the gutter outside. Number variance is because I don't know how to count 1. (It was in a state of disrepair that was amazing)

Don't buy the hype.

Getting a stolen gun in the inner city is a bit easier than making one. Many are shared.

Last Edited:
Up front I want to reiterate that I do not support any restrictions on firearms, none, notta, zip.

I read another article about a 14yr old who shot and killed a playground worker with a handgun that I presume was built from an 80% frame. The article referred to it as a ghost gun.

It made me wonder about the avenues prohibited persons use to acquire a firearm. The 80% route for a handgun seems like the easiest and least risky route. Stealing one is immoral and fraught with risk. Buying one under the table could be risky as well. A straw purchase may be difficult for a younger person to make happen.

It doesn't surprise me that 80% percent builds are becoming the firearm of choice for young gang bangers and other unsavory characters.
I worked in jails and prisons for 25 years, in all that time I met less than 5 people that made home built firearms. Most Gang types are drug addicts first. They all say stolen guns are the easiest to get.
Somewhere around 50% of the guns taken off the street don't work properly. They are missing parts, missing the mag, have the wrong ammo, etc... All because when they were stolen the mag was not there.
Most gang houses have a punch bowl of mixed ammo and another with mags. They have a gun with no mag, they go to the bowl, and then try to find ammo that matches.
It is very rare to find a gang banger smart enough to take a gun apart and put it back together right. Building one is out of the question. DR

Looks like P80 to me, I guess it could be stolen.

Screenshot_20221015-160221.png

Looks like P80 to me, I guess it could be stolen.
Or street buy or made it himself. The barrel is just as forensically valid as any other gun, but the question remains. How does banning them prevent bad actors from doing bad things? If he couldn't make it, he would buy or steal one. If he couldn''t steal one... he woulda bought or made one. If guns didn't exist, he woulda used a knife.

I get the point, but even if he made it, it doesn justify prohibiting 300mil+ other people from having the right to own them.

I mean... I once read about a woman that died from internal organ damage after a person stuck a light bulb up her bum... and it broke... but I don't see anyone trying to prohibit the sale or possession of light bulbs.

Just sayin.... ;)

Poly 80 frames ship to your door and could be done in a couple of hours easily. Snip snip, dremel here, drill there, sand here and you're done. Much lower risk than breaking into to somebody's house to try and steal a firearm.

Keep in mind the young gang bangers have lots of free time and often money on their hands.
For what it's worth, I have no personal experience with an unfinished frame or receiver. I know someone who went through 3 receivers and never made one work. This person did not use a drill press however. They moved to PA shortly after Oregon locked down.

On a similar yet different topic. Does anyone know if persons who are prohibited from owning guns and try to buy one are being prosecuted?
A buddy who works at a gun store indicated it isn't a priority for local FBI despite being a federal offense.

For what it's worth, I have no personal experience with an unfinished frame or receiver. I know someone who went through 3 receivers and never made one work. This person did not use a drill press however. They moved to PA shortly after Oregon locked down.

On a similar yet different topic. Does anyone know if persons who are prohibited from owning guns and try to buy one are being prosecuted?
A buddy who works at a gun store indicated it isn't a priority for local FBI despite being a federal offense.
Well, for those that are technically inclinded, have some basic familiarity with tools and a basic understanding of how firearm internals work... they really ARE a breeze. Getting them to run smoothly, accurately and reliably is where it can take a bit of finesse. Maybe your friend is kind of.... what the aforementioned might call... a dumbazz, but he's certainly not alone. There are an over abundance of folks that where simply never introduced to tools or situations that would help them to become more mechanically inclined... and it's not their fault.

I've also run across my share of folks that, when it comes to tools, all I can do is shake my head and say, "that didn't work, did it, buddy". It's difficult for me to understand how such simple principles can be lost on some people, but I realize I'm viewing it from a completely different frame of reference that may be absolutely foreign to many... and try to have patience.

My point? While they are simple assembly jobs for some, we have to recognize that it's not a practical possibility for a large segment of the population.

And... NO. Keeping guns out of criminals hands and prosecuting violators is not at all a priority for any legal body. It's all about making legal and responsible owners into criminals. They don't shoot back when they go to arrest them. 🤣

Or they just try the doors on a bunch of cars in a very crowded parkinglot, only trying the cars that have firearms related stickers/decals.
Much faster and no computer needed to order.

Not a p80 I don't think. Missing a hole by the trigger pin, above it. Might be 3D printed
Looks to be a P80. Missing the slide lock spring pin but not "critical" to function. Even if it was a 3D print the internals would still need that pin drilled, if done correctly. Most 3D print frames as well don't typically have the poly80 grip texture profile or metal SN plate.

Not enough detail in the photo to be 100% it's not a 3D, but certainly more likely than not its a P80.

Doesn't particularly matter though. Either way it's a home job.

Or they just try the doors on a bunch of cars in a very crowded parkinglot, only trying the cars that have firearms related stickers/decals.
Much faster and no computer needed to order.
Well... it's Kalifederation. They just released evey gun owners name and address to the public a few months back. If I was looking to steal a gun... I would just start going down the list to B&E a few. Heck... gun type was included too so you can just go after the ones you like. 🤣

Looks to be a P80. Missing the slide lock spring pin but not "critical" to function. Even if it was a 3D print the internals would still need that pin drilled, if done correctly. Most 3D print frames as well don't typically have the poly80 grip texture profile or metal SN plate.

Not enough detail in the photo to be 100% it's not a 3D, but certainly more likely than not its a P80.

Doesn't particularly matter though. Either way it's a home job.
Didn't see the serial plate. Just noticed the holes didn't look right. I have seen some poly80 grip textured stls in the wild

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top