Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mac_Fan, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Mrs. Mac_Fan works for an area retail store (which may or may not be TJMaxx), and informs me tonight that all employees were required to sign a document stating that if they see someone in their store with a gun, they will report it immediately to management.

So, responsible pro-active policy for employee/patron safety or knee-jerk feel good "guns are bad" BS?

Go.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Crap, with the Kenya mall shooting (still going on) you'd hope to Jesus someone was packing.. namely yourself.

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Private property.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

conceal carry

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Avoid malls.

6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Wouldn't sign. If I did see a guy carrying Id say "hi" like I would to any other OCer like myself.

Id point out the absurdity in the fact that, if a man or men were heart set on a rampage.. Going through the "chain of command" and reporting it does absolutely nothing.

Id then tell them it goes against my religious and personal beliefs (they get a semi with stuff like that). Id note, if its store policy to not allow the carrying of firearms, then post it! Otherwise pound sand.

Id also mention its an extreme form of discrimination especially in this current time. Id talk about the fact that oppression comes in many forms and firearms owners and constitutionalists are getting dealt the sh*t hand right now and that I felt personally discriminated against if forced to sign an oppressive piece of paper. Id make note that.. Do we do this if we see any black or mexican people because we think their going to steal? Its the same premise.
    Or Is it just men we're discriminating against carrying firearms or is it women too? What if that woman is carrying a firearm to avoid an attack by a stalker or potential rapist in the parking lot? Are they going to be liable?

Make a stand, if it doesn't work out.. That job wasn't for you anyway.
    Find a place that has tolerance for all kinds. Not just the few.. As we've seen of late.

7. Certaindeaf

This explains why every time I go in there, all the wimmens check out my butt and crotch.

just kidding!

1 person likes this.
  8. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

What a useless document. Asking your employees to agree to notify management if you see a gun. If you are anti-gun the first thing your going to do is tell management. If your pro-gun and choose not to say anything to management what exactly are they going to do? Take disciplinary action against you for something you may or may not have seen?

Personally I would sign the document with an X acknowledging that I got the piece of paper stating their expectation. I'd then go on about my life as normal. As much as I would like to say I would find a different job I'm not sure I would leave over a corporate lawyer CYA form letter.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  9. 1990Turbo

1990Turbo St.Helens Active Member

r361.png

10. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

How would the admin, expect this to work ????

"I saw you see the customer who may or may not have been carrying concealed" ????

The Admin who wrote that must have just studied that new obamma math... "5+5=11, because I think it is a good answer...." obamma Grade = A, real life grade = F+ the + is for filling in the question...

philip,
    Who once mentioned, to a deacon, in Church, that his Glock .40 was printing... He said "thanks" .....

unklekippy, Brutus57, solv3nt and 3 others like this.
  11. Certaindeaf

I remember when Three Bears Guns was right next door to TJ Max on 82nd.. kinda sucks that they disappeared. Now when I want to fondle a doily, I'm pretty well screwed.

12. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Typical liberal knee jerk reaction just because their store is in a mall (like the one in Kenya) so it is believed it will happen in every mall in America because some of the terrifying terrorist were Americans and Americans are deathly afraid of terrifying terrorists, didn't ya know???

13. Certaindeaf

Instead of these shenanigans they should instruct that when queried "what was Muhammad's mother's name?" to apply at least 400fpe to the grape instantly.

14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

When signing, there are two ways to nullify your signature.

Start your signature with "V. C." Then sign as you normally would. "Vi Coactus" means "under constraint" or "under duress."

If they won't accept that, use an elipsis in front of your signature. ie, "... Mname W. Lname." Then, if ever asked about that, explain that you were forced to omit what you wanted to enter, which was "V. C." meaning you had signed "under duress."

Pops

15. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Um, No. Not even kinda sorta will this invalidate the signature or the agreement.

V.C. is an archaic device to start with, and deals with physical force -as in a gun to your head-not mere threat of non-continuation of employment. Conditions of employment are adjustable by the employer at any time at their sole discretion. If you don't like it, quit. And regardless of any signature, a mere written policy that you violate is enough to use as excuse to fire you, signature or no signature.

I'm not defending the policy, it's ludicrous. But it helps no one to spread wacky internet rumors as legal advice. This is right up there with the "Sovereign Citizen" foolishness.

16. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If my employment was on the line, I'd probably sign. But then no one could ever prove that I saw something.. Screw 'em.

1 person likes this.
  17. 1stIDFMP

1stIDFMP North of Salem, south of Portland Active Member

And here I was thinking V.C. stood for "Viet Cong".....................

18. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I wear very thick, thick, thick glasses..... and just say I didn't see it. I was looking for the shoplifter.:cool:

Brutus Out

BoonDocks36 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

I love this board.

It's like watching a pregnant cow on ice after dark in a high wind.

20. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

A better way to nullify your signature is by signing "I Quit"

Synnergy and (deleted member) like this.