JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you take the shot?

• Yes, better to end the situation quickly

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No, he might go off on the way down

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
"It depends"....

It would depend on the situation. Is he getting more or less unstable? Am I close enough for a good shot? Where are the other hostages? Is he negotiating or being incoherent? Do I have a good look at the "cylinders" and are they a real bomb? Has he already shot anyone? Is he targeting me personally, or am I just another random hostage? Is he just now walking in the door, or have I been a hostage for an hour or so?

Those situational questions would determine if I took the shot.

^^ Same

It appears that he is dead.

WashingtonPost

"Lee was hit by at least two rounds by officers who had set up inside the building, according to a law enforcement source. It is unclear how many officers fired their weapons. "

I guess the crux of my question is would you take a shot at someone who has something that appears to be a bomb on their chest?

In this case the building is not a robbery target. The only reason to take hostages in this case would be political ideology.

If you're one of the hostages and you have the means to end the confrontation with a shot; would you take the shot or not based on the possible IED? Assume that without the possible bomb you would take the shot. Does the possible bomb change your decision?

He apparently was angry that they weren't airing enough "positive programming about the environment."

What in the world is a positive program about the environment? Isn't anything showing the environment realistically a positive program?

He was obviously mentally ill, but what was he talking about?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top