Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Discover Channel Hostage Situation

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Kimber Custom, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Listening to the radio this afternoon had a number of reports on some nut who took hostages in the Discover Channel building in MD.

Several of the eye witness reports said he had a gun as well as two cylinders strapped to his chest.

If you had been there (and armed) would you take the shot?

2. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

"It depends"....

It would depend on the situation. Is he getting more or less unstable? Am I close enough for a good shot? Where are the other hostages? Is he negotiating or being incoherent? Do I have a good look at the "cylinders" and are they a real bomb? Has he already shot anyone? Is he targeting me personally, or am I just another random hostage? Is he just now walking in the door, or have I been a hostage for an hour or so?

Those situational questions would determine if I took the shot.

3. theorren

theorren Medford Member

^^ Same

It appears that he is dead.

WashingtonPost

"Lee was hit by at least two rounds by officers who had set up inside the building, according to a law enforcement source. It is unclear how many officers fired their weapons. "

4. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

Win for firearms:thumbup:... if the libs were able to get a ban firearms how would they of stopped the guy with the improvised explosive device?

5. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I guess the crux of my question is would you take a shot at someone who has something that appears to be a bomb on their chest?

In this case the building is not a robbery target. The only reason to take hostages in this case would be political ideology.

If you're one of the hostages and you have the means to end the confrontation with a shot; would you take the shot or not based on the possible IED? Assume that without the possible bomb you would take the shot. Does the possible bomb change your decision?

6. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

He apparently was angry that they weren't airing enough "positive programming about the environment."

What in the world is a positive program about the environment? Isn't anything showing the environment realistically a positive program?

He was obviously mentally ill, but what was he talking about?