JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We tried to buy 2 50-round boxes of ammo from Discount Gun Sales in Seattle recently (for cash). They asked for our name/s and phone number. They absolutely refused to sell them to us without that info, and when we declined, they wouldn't even let us keep the free catalog we had picked up. They appeared to be outraged at our refusal to give that information. The sales people were dressed in dark suits, sort of like FBI agents.

I vote "poor."

I purchased a Ruger pistol from the Kirkland store a while back. Nice people; knowledgable. I was in again recently looking at a Sig. Very helpful and courteous. I stop in periodically; they are worth putting on your list of places to check out.

Nice people. Young. Willing to ask for help when they don't know. Good selection including some HKs and Sig X5 which are hard to find. Prices are steep, more than Wades with no room for negotiation.

Very clean store.

Nice displays for the firearms but a bit dimly lit.

Much nicer than there other stores, but needs more parking.

Selection is good and they are starting to carry some reloading equipment.

It's one of the nicest stores as far as displays.

Was looking for an AR a while back and put 100$ down to hold a Rock River for 2 days. I found a wonderful deal on a LMT
that I could not turn down.
When I went back, and told them to put it back on the shelf, they refused to give me my money back.
what they gave me was a store credit and 24 hours to spend it.

bought two guns prior to that, will never go back again

Prices are way too high for the NW market. They prey on the not-so-knowledgable customers. It's the attitude towards customers that rub people the wrong way. Sure prices are high, but you don't have to rub our noses in it.

My advice is to shop somewhere else.

High prices. +3% charge for credit cards. Good selection.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff... but had one guy tell me that I didn't need snap caps because my Kel-Tec was perfectly fine to dry fire, like all center-fire guns...
Bit of dicking around going on; one staff member dry fired a gun at the window, apparently without checking the chamber first, which bugged me a bit.
One of the better Seattle stores, sadly enough.

Went there a few years ago and bought a Sig CPO from them. Very good condition, prices were fair and the staff were very helpful and kind. Must have just been a good day. Thinking back, there wasn't much stock on the walls. I remember the place being kind of empty. Anyway, worth a "very good" vote to me. Maybe they have changed though.

Never had a problem with the service (Irish, I think yours and others here are the only ones I've heard of having bad experiences, and that sucks) but the prices are absolutely gouging. They are MSRP+, and seem unapologetic about it. I'd say about six or so years ago prices were still fair, about four years ago they were creeping up into the MSRP+ category, and now they're just silly/stupid.

I walked into their range yesterday to get some ammo for today's firearm therapy session at Kenmore, but ended up leaving due to the lines. The lines were solely for the range; no one was in their gun shop.

ok here it goes.. i called the day before looking for some ammo and asked what was available. then i was quoted a price on some 45 acp golden sabers for 34.95, so when i get to the store i see them on the shelf and ask for them and notice the prices are at least 10 to 15 $ higher than any other place around. thats just for ammo. then i asked to purchase the Remington rounds and when THEY RANG THEM UP IT WAS 10 $ MORE. I WAS LIKE THE PRICE ON THE SHELF FOR THAT AMMO SAID IT WAS LOWER AND THE QUOTE ON THE PHONE WAS LOWER. SO WE GO AND LOOK AT THE PRICE AND SURE ENOUGH I WAS RIGHT... BUT THE COMPUTER SAID IT WAS 50$ . I ASKED FOR THEM TO HONOR THE PRICE AND HE LAUGHED AND SAID I CAN'T DO THAT. IT WAS A MISTAKE ON OUR PRICING... HIS EXCUSE WAS THAT SINCE PRICES FLUCTUATE SO MUCH THE SPREAD SHEET PRINTED A WRONG PRICE. I DIDN'T WANT TO ARGUE BUT I WLL LET PEOPLE KNOW THEY SUCK WITH NOT HONORING WHAT THEY WILL SAY AND WHAT IS SEEN IN THE STORE PRICES. I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO SHOP IN THAT STORE. FIRST TIME AND MY LAST TIME. ALL DONE.

Short: Bought a gun from them they said they would stand behind. Gun was unreliable, they would not stand behind it. Further they kept talking of being useful but it was a one year long pee-pee dance by DGS to avoid manning up & doing the right thing.

Finally recieved my check for $345 in return for the gun that I dumped close to $1000 into - to buy and "test" only to find out it failed after 300+ rounds every time and that that the seller would provide no service or otherwise stand behind the product that they sold to me.

The above saga began with the purchase 7/15/11 and ended with the refund check from the manufacturer 9/27/12 since DGS would not man up and stand behind the sale. I have abbreviated the detail out of consideration for readers.

:( Discount Gun Sales :( -- no discount and no service but still interested in making a sale out of you for sure :(.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top