JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No "discount's" to be found. service was poor....two 20-something kids that looked like teens we're running the store. one stayed in his office, and the other seemed comatose when asked a question.

I was going to order a gun from gunbroker, but thought I'd let a local store take a shot at the sale. I called DGS in Kirkland, and when I quoted the price of the internet seller, the guy at DGS said it must be a used gun, because they couldn't get it for that. Not, they couldn't match the price, but THEY couldn't get one at that price! They pay more wholesale than others charge for retail? Sorry to say, that sort of pricing is the norm in the Seattle area. I was in their Lake City store last week, and a Kimber Classic, which was a $700 gun not so long ago, was tagged well over $900. A Taurus PT1911, which was announced at $500 last year, was tagged $700. No discounts there.

No discounts there.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. When they started, they had much better pricing on their guns. Now, I suspect they have a lot more overhead to support. I'll still buy guns there if they have something that I want & haven't seen elsewhere. But, I do it knowing that I'll pay more for instant gratification.

Lets look at this from the business side:

Four, count them four stores with each needing overhead, employees, mortgage/rent, cleaning supplies, security, computers, etc. and let's not forget the bosses still need to make a lot of money.

I've heard several folks in the business say they grew too big for their britches and now they might be scrambling a bit. Plus, they see a chance to make a buck with the economy like it is so they are.

Can't really fault them for most of it.

With that said, I will never shop there again. But those are for my own reasons. If you like them, great, if not, that's cool too. Some shops are better for some folks than others. That's why there are so many to choose from!

I think DGS has 6 or 7 stores now...

I understand the overhead/rent/etc. reasoning, but that doesn't explain how other local WA retailers can sell the same gun for less. and really DGS are about as bare-bones as a gun store can get.

They do show 5 stores on their site, including the range and the store inside it. I will not ever enter that or any of the other stores. Was just offering a possible explanation, not an excuse. For them to offer what they do at their prices, they should not be called Discount Gun Sales.

I read a story on AR15.com about a young man who placed an order well before the election. When it did not show, he called and they said, "your order fell through the cracks and we no longer have the DPMS stripped lower(which he paid about $135 for) in stock. We can offer you an EA lower for a price of (if I remember correctly, around $200) with shipping of $35+!! Not cool in my book. Tried to find the link but looks like it's in the archives and had a bit of trouble finding it.

I bought one of guns from them right before the election and I was extremely displeased with the way I was treated. The only reason they got my business was because no one else had any AR-15s in a .308 variant in stock at the time.

Also, as previously mentioned there are several threads on ar15.com speaking about the absolute lack of service and/or people paying for items they never got. I think there is one on the front page of the Washington hometown forums right now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top