JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was coming back from Breakfast this morning and noticed a new gun store on 185th just south of Baseline in Aloha (could also be Beaverton as the city lines are close in that are). It's in a little strip mall there. I stopped in and it is a fairly nice little store. A little bigger than the one over by Jesuit. Guys I met were nice, but the prices were high. Sig 238 Nitron priced at $649.00 when full boat list is $679.00. I asked if they moved the store that was over by Jesuit and they said no, that store was still open.

Went in there last week. Neat little store, clean. Small selection, but decent firearms. The guys I met were young(not holding that against them, but if they were over 25 I would be surprised). I saw discount guns, and thought cool. But I also found them to be a tad bit expensive. They are the closest gun shop to me(only a few blocks away) may use them in the future if I need the services of an FFL.

Well, as I said, MAY use them, not will use them. Talk about expensive, geez. Nothing discount about that place. And whats funny is when I was in there, there were people buying, and commenting on what such good deals they were getting. Head Slap!

Wow I did not realize that Moe from Federal Way Discount guns had started this chain of stores. I have dealt with Moe years ago in the early 90's. He was pretty pricey back then also. But, he had ALL the cool chit. I must have been under a rock because I had no idea there were so many stores and who ran them.

Federal Way Discount Guns (FWDG) and Discount Guns Sales (DGS) are not the same thing.

There's not a thing that's discount about DGS. They are all over the Seattle area, so, they must be staying alive. I don't even bother going in their stores any more. They are usually staffed by pushy youngsters who will dispense all kinds of advice.

They are quite good to deal with when they have special offers. I got my brand new Sig556 there for 1100 bucks! Pretty good when they average 1600 and up. However you always just have to ask to see what they are currently offering. The stuff on the shelves is never very well priced. They are fun to talk to as well (Everett store)

Some times Discount is really just another way of saying - higher than typical prices.

I went to the one by Jesuit - it was high - seemed more focused on assult arms? my impression.
Saw the one on 185th today. Have not been in.

IS DIscount Guns a franchise? i really get that impression.
For some reason I think Beaverton Amory is one also - SInce they are tied to Gallery of Guns.

I bet you they are gone in less than 1-2 years.

Some times Discount is really just another way of saying - higher than typical prices.

I went to the one by Jesuit - it was high - seemed more focused on assult arms? my impression.
Saw the one on 185th today. Have not been in.

IS DIscount Guns a franchise? i really get that impression.
For some reason I think Beaverton Amory is one also - SInce they are tied to Gallery of Guns.

I bet you they are gone in less than 1-2 years.

Being on Gallery of Guns doesn't make a place a chain, it just means they buy from the wholesaler Davidson's.

So here is my dilema with DGS-

A DGS is the closest dealer to where we live, and my wife has taken to the habit of occasionally dropping by and getting me suprise presents. Over the last few years these include-

SCAR 16s
AR10
Super Nova
MP 15-22
Arsenal SLR106

She isn't going to want to drive an hour to the better priced shops, and is comfortable with this DGS (they are pretty friendly at my location and especially to her now! :rolleyes:).

So I gotta find a way to direct her to better deals without discouraging this lovely habit she has developed... :s0114:

So I gotta find a way to direct her to better deals without discouraging this lovely habit she has developed... :s0114:

How about "Hon, I really love the little surprises you get me from time to time and I'd like to do something for you too. Next time you're thinking about buying me a gun go to XXX gun shop. I know it's a little out of the way, but with the money you'd save I could take you out to a really nice dinner.". Win win.

So here is my dilema with DGS-

A DGS is the closest dealer to where we live, and my wife has taken to the habit of occasionally dropping by and getting me suprise presents. Over the last few years these include-

SCAR 16s
AR10
Super Nova
MP 15-22
Arsenal SLR106

She isn't going to want to drive an hour to the better priced shops, and is comfortable with this DGS (they are pretty friendly at my location and especially to her now! :rolleyes:).

Personally I'd keep my mouth shut. Call it a delivery fee or convenience tax but I would not want to risk killing the golden goose.

I am aware that I am diggin up a fairly old thread here, but has anybody had any experiences with the new DGS over on 185th and Baseline? They have been up and running for a few months now, what say you? good or bad service?

I stopped in and checked it out... selection was decent, They said they could order anything I wanted. It was a bit pricey I think. The guys I talked to were young, They seemed to know a bit about what was there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top