JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 3 of the standard Springfield Armory magazines like the one that came with my XD 9mm. I know spring fatigue is controversial, but just for grins, has anyone opened up the magazine to remove and possibly stretch the spring? I've had 3 of these half-loaded for two years.
I can't imagine carrying all 3 around so I suppose leaving one "lie fallow" for six months, then rotating is an option.

Spring fatigue is generated from repeatedly compressing and releasing tension, not from holding a static position. A magazine that was loaded and forgotten for 20 years will be in better shape than a magazine used for a few range day trips.

Spring fatigue is generated from repeatedly compressing and releasing tension, not from holding a static position. A magazine that was loaded and forgotten for 20 years will be in better shape than a magazine used for a few range day trips.
^^^This

Read that as:
Do not stretch the springs.
Buy new springs if you're really worried.
^^^and this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads