JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last December the VA started reporting thousands of veterans to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check system

It's not VA doing the denying, it is guns dealers using NICS.

At least the assumption here is that NICS is putting these guys on the no guns list due to VA requests. The article did not specifically say that, but I don't doubt very much that NICS would do so. They are not in the business of trying to arm Americans after all!

Checking up on this, if the vets have been determined to be of 'diminished mental capacity', the VA is reporting them to NICS. That means no new purchases, and a vet with a CPL would be swept up and lose that. Some states have licenses and registration, they are probably being visited by police there.

There is no sudden influx of 250,000 insane vets, the category is being misused. Vets who have a family member doing their monthly bills and other fiscal chores are being railroaded into the classification.

Why would you arm a trained assassin?
The VA will do as the govment wants them to do
A Soldier, Marine, Airman, Sailor are not assassins. An Assassin is a person who infiltrates, and has a contract to kill a particular person by whatever means ordered or necessary, a person in the Armed Forces puts on an uniform, has orders, has an oath to the nation he/she serves under, and must abide by the agreed upon laws of warfare.
EDIT; I am not a veteran, but my father is one. There are a great many veterans here on this forum who would disagree with being called an assassin.

Checking up on this, if the vets have been determined to be of 'diminished mental capacity', the VA is reporting them to NICS. That means no new purchases, and a vet with a CPL would be swept up and lose that. Some states have licenses and registration, they are probably being visited by police there.

There is no sudden influx of 250,000 insane vets, the category is being misused. Vets who have a family member doing their monthly bills and other fiscal chores are being railroaded into the classification.

Happened to my brother when he was briefly incapacitated with severe medical issues. Even tho he is back up on all 4's and has been for some time he can't get the problem expunged. More than one way to bring about gun control and the commies are up on top of things for sure. Something tells me that these Veterans are not letting this stop them from exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

About six years ago I was fighting with the VA about having an old injury recognized as service connected a case agent from the DVA recommended I apply for disability for PTSD from my time in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. By no means a pleasant time, but really? I said not just no but check no, to put it kindly. No way I'm going there with the current Marxist climate in this country.

A Soldier, Marine, Airman, Sailor are not assassins. An Assassin is a person who infiltrates, and has a contract to kill a particular person by whatever means ordered or necessary, a person in the Armed Forces puts on an uniform, has orders, has an oath to the nation he/she serves under, and must abide by the agreed upon laws of warfare.
EDIT; I am not a veteran, but my father is one. There are a great many veterans here on this forum who would disagree with being called an assassin.

You sir, are totally out of order and owe millions of Veterans an apology. This comment you made is getting into hanoi jane sickness.
OK OK OK calm down girls
Think of it like the government would. What would the idiots in DC want to call the men they sent to war?
How would it be easiest to say they shouldn't have any weapons?
Call them train assassins!:eek: Hey,they were trained to kill folk right?
Lefties would call that assassinating people,no? Heck they would call them murderers.
I'll not apologize for my statement but will apologize to the 2 girls I quoted with their panties in a wad :confused: for essplanin' myself better
I have plenty of military friends that would have know exactly what I was talking about.
Oh yeah,just use some scissors to cut those things off

Here's the thing, the Oath that every soldier, marine, sailor and airmen/women had to take?To Uphold the ideals of the Nation? Protect the Nation from enemies foreign and domestic?
THe Constitution and the Oath provides the Organized military with a way to basically stand up to the Executive Branch legally. You might argue that they just can't but... in a way, the old school Veterans....they're the biggest threat to the Federal Government, because they can help the Unorganied Militia and the Organized Militia (State Guards) fight against the Federal government. This is why the Feds have relied so heavily on the FBI terror tactics, as well as propaganda from the MSM.

Yes, the rulers don't want ex-military armed, for obvious reasons. Any ex-military snagged in this net will just have to access the black market, and think about what his government has done for him, making even defending his own family (legally) impossible.:mad:

Yes, the rulers don't want ex-military armed, for obvious reasons
While part of this is training,the other part is most of us haven't taken lives. There are a lot of Vietnam vets and now,middle east vets that have.
Who is a bigger risk to anyone in any type battle? Some one who's been there done that or a bunch of guys who shoot a lot of paper and talk about this stuff?

I'm no assassin, just because I was an expert rifle shooter M-14 M-16 M60 machine gun oh and M79 gernade launcher for 6 years in the Marine Corp, that just gave me respect. I would never go out and kill someone, come on man....

I'm

OK OK OK calm down girls
Think of it like the government would. What would the idiots in DC want to call the men they sent to war?
How would it be easiest to say they shouldn't have any weapons?
Call them train assassins!:eek: Hey,they were trained to kill folk right?
Lefties would call that assassinating people,no? Heck they would call them murderers.
I'll not apologize for my statement but will apologize to the 2 girls I quoted with their panties in a wad :confused: for essplanin' myself better
I have plenty of military friends that would have know exactly what I was talking about.
Oh yeah,just use some scissors to cut those things off

Looks like these diarrheatic comments come from someone that has never served their country.

I'm no assassin, just because I was an expert rifle shooter M-14 M-16 M60 machine gun oh and M79 gernade launcher for 6 years in the Marine Corp, that just gave me respect. I would never go out and kill someone, come on man....

I'm
Thank you sir for your service and your comments. I'm now out of this conversation. Bomb loader, aircraft carrier 65-69. Three trips over.

mjbskwim is not calling vets assassins.

mjbskwim is saying that the gov. and others with an agenda would/could use the strategy of calling vets assassins as a fear mongering ploy to get people on their side of disarming vets.

Whatever the wording, whatever the reason, that seems to be the agenda IMO; make people fear vets, especially armed vets.

I have no doubt that people in power fear armed citizens, especially those with the training and/or experience to know how/when/where to use arms.

After all, that is what the Second Amendment is about - a balance of power by recognizing the right of the individual to use force to counter government force. That is why the Second Amendment is constantly under attack by those in power and by those who want more government, not less - because it is a threat to their agenda. Hence, they see armed citizens as a threat and they will portray them as a general threat to all, not just to them - whether they understand why or not.

Heck the Politics well won't go there, but sure trying to disarm America in general from all not just us Vets. I don't know any respectable gun owner that would give up their guns willingly. It's our right civilian and Vet we are Americans, don't forget our past and what our ancestors have set in stone for you and I and our children. The constitution, God bless America

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top