Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Disappointing dealings with Barsony Holster

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SteelyDan, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Recently purchased a leather shoulder holster from Barsony Holster out of Beaverton.
    Had fairly decent looking holsters on their website at reasonable prices.

My first indication that something was amiss was when I placed the order online and I asked a couple indications to be answered before the order was placed. Of course they just placed the order and sent the item without responding to my questions. Ok, I guess I can live with that.

Item arrived fairly quickly and it seems to be decently made. First thing I noticed is the holster itself must be made to fit a variety of holster systems because placement of the strap and the rigging attachment points are odd for shoulder carry. Instead of using a round or oval ring for the shoulder straps they use a rectangle, which pulls the straps into an odd position. The retaining strap buttons on the outboard side of the holster which makes unsnapping it with a thumb when grabbing for the gun awkward. Also the belt attachment point is a strap and buckle, rather than a quick release. I didn't think much until I had to drop trouser for a nature call. You either have to unthread the strap or completely undo your belt!

So I wasn't completely upset about all this until I emailed customer service to share these points and ask if they could replace the strap with a snap strap or velcro...at my cost even? Waited two weeks and no response. I emailed again, stating my concerns. Another two weeks and no response.

Well, I tried to support a local business and I guess they don't need to keep the customers happy. Too bad because it looked like they really had potential for a holster buying nut like me!

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Many people with small businesses like this get into the business because they want to try to earn a living at the hobby they enjoy, but they don't have to first clue about how to run a business or what the majority of customers consider to be good customer service.

I used to rep multi state territories for several different musical instrument mfgs. I can't tell you the number of music stores I dealt with that managed to stay in business in spite of themselves. Typically it was some guy or gal who was a musician, but never really was talented or lucky enough to be able to play music for a living so they figured the next best thing would be to open a music store. I see a lot of the same thing in the firearms/accessory business.

3. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

That's very true. Then they are angry when they can't stay in business and often blame chain stores for undercutting them even though often it isn't a matter of price but a matter of service and quality!

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  4. Tom Griffin

Tom Griffin New Member

5. Tom Griffin

Tom Griffin New Member

I am having trouble contacting Barsony in reguards to a holster for my AMT BACKUP .380. I purchased their 57sST for "AMT BACK-UP. The holster I received is a "Gernick"and does not fit my weapon well. There is no forming or molding of the holster to fit the pistol making for a very poor fit. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOLSTER partly do to manufacture errors and lack of communication. 3 phone calls. And 3 emails.

BoonDocks36 likes this.