JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found a used G19 in good shape for a good price so I snapped it up. it was made in '09. I got 6-7" groups @25 yards with Tula 115fmj. Wasn't surprised, figured it was the ammo. Today I shot Wal Mart Federal FMJ and it was barely on paper! I shot 4 rounds of Gold Dot for a 4" group @ 25yards which is a little better. The Tula was consistently left of POA and the Federal was right of POA. I am discouraged because I can get consistent groups under 4" @ 25 yrds with my glock 30 and g27.
The Glock 19 is set up like my other glocks: Ameriglo defoor steel sights, ny1 trigger spring and 3.5 connector. The sights are tight and there is no leading in the barrel. I was shooting off a rest.
Can anyone recommend some accurate 9mm for me to try? I'm hoping that I'm just not used to the new gun yet, and I'll get better with more practice, but I'm usually pretty good with Glocks. Any other suggestions?

I was thinking of letting someone else shoot it and see if its better. Although I'm pretty good with my other glocks. This is my first 9mm though. Perhaps I've developed a flinch?
The 4" group I got with the Gold Dot is acceptable accuracy to me for a cc weapon, but I was hoping to start competing with this gun in local matches, and I felt like it was just all over the place with FMJ.

I was thinking of letting someone else shoot it and see if its better. Although I'm pretty good with my other glocks. This is my first 9mm though. Perhaps I've developed a flinch?
The 4" group I got with the Gold Dot is acceptable accuracy to me for a cc weapon, but I was hoping to start competing with this gun in local matches, and I felt like it was just all over the place with FMJ.

Perhaps you have developed a "flinch" in to your technique, while shooting a less powerful round out of a bigger heavier gun it takes you off target?

I would check to see if their is any abnormal wear on the barrel at its lock up points or in the chamber

I would also check to see if the barrel has a bulge from maybe a squib load and then a follow up shot sometimes they only bulge a few thousandths and the gun will function but not consistantly

other than that I would check how the bullet fits the chamber and how loose the barrel is at lock up as compared to your other glocks

One more thought if it is also stringing up and down be sure that you ammo isn't getting too hot baking in the sun that happened to me one time and drove me nuts until I got a new box from the cab of the truck the stuff was so hot I almost couldn't load it without getting burnt and it was stringing 8" at 30 yrds

It's funny because I know 3 people personally that have had difficulty with the accuracy of their G19/23 but had much better success with other Glocks, one of them could barely hit the broad side of a barn with his G19 but absolutely LOVES the accuracy of his G20. He also did much better with my G26, than he did with his own 19, though I never shot the 19, so I couldn't tell you if it was him or the guns. The other two guys were, certified "Glockheads" that eventually sold their 23's because they couldn't stand the accuracy problems they were having.

Yeah, I think it's just personal preference when it comes to the Glocks. I know people rave about the G30 and the 36 but they just don't fit my hands well. My pinky gets pinched by the gap between the frame and the mag base plate. It pinches the crap out of my pinky. almost to the point where it will break the skin and draw blood.