JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a previous thread on this, which I cannot remember where I saw it, but that called out a new gun that was dirty that had been fired. I just bought a new gun last night and it had two rounds fired through it which I have the brass for, but the barrell was dirty as well.

anyway this might not be as isolated as we may have thought.

I don't understand your post. All new guns made by a shop that is even a little bit reputable should be test fired at the factory.

Personally I find buying a gun that has been test fired much more attractive than buying a completely new unfired gun.

I don't understand your post. All new guns made by a shop that is even a little bit reputable should be test fired at the factory.

Personally I find buying a gun that has been test fired much more attractive than buying a completely new unfired gun.

yea - there was another post on this topic. The guy who was looking at a new gun found it dirty down the barrel which was unusual for a new gun - others chimed in on the topic some surprised some not surprised. I was just commenting on my new gun which was dirty down the barrell and compliments the approach that all new guns are test fired and NOT cleaned.

It could also be dirty if the bore has been oiled and it sat for awhile. Dirt/dust tends to collect there.

I'm sure each manufacturer has their own practice though. The last new gun I bought (glock) obviously had 2 test fires, but the bore was pretty clean (although they don't oil their bores).

Alternatively, it could be that they did clean it, and then left CLP or something in it which further broke down the carbon residue when it was stored.

Was the dirtiness caked and hard to clean or was it easily cleaned with a couple patches down the bore? If the latter my guess is probably true.

The other day I was at fishermans looking at a little Kimber. It had lots of wear and looked like it had been shot quite a bit. Every guy behind the counter insisted it was brand new...I didn't look at the bore or really pay attention to see if it was dirty inside, but it had lots of wear!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top