JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does Dingy Harry realize he is opening Pandora's Box? It seems unlikely that a Constitutional Amendment could be written specific enough to target only corporations and generally conservative-leaning organizations such as the NRA. The history of the 1st Amendment has shown that an Amendment can be stretched far beyond its original intent. Thus, Dingy Harry's amendment could also be used to silence unions, ACLU, pro-abortionists, and Bloombergians, among others.

Instead of complaining to members of Congress, it seems to me that it would be more effective for members of every organization to enlighten their respective leaders on how such an amendment could affect the organization as a whole.

Just so there is NO mistake, I am more interested in justice for Darren Wilson.
The emperor and the court jester along with the commyedia have decided his guilt. Who needs the Grand Jury . . . Evidence . . . "We don't need no steeeenki'n evidence!"

Sheldon

Citizens United allows unlimited corporate spending to influence elections by saying "money is speech". This goes hand-in-glove with the insane notion that "Corporations are people."

I have a big problem with both. Corporations are not people, our elections should not be for sale to the highest bidder, and not being people they do not qualify for constitutional protections to enable buying elections with money masquerading as speech.

It's lunacy bought and paid for by the corporations who benefit.

To portray this as an issue about NRA only and gun issues, is to miss the larger point by miles.
Citizens United is arguably one of the worst decisions to ever come down from the Politicians In Robes. Anyone interested in returning our Plutocracy back into a democracy would be in favor of overturning Citizens United.

IMO a Constitutional Amendment is the wrong way to go about it; that much I'd agree with. NRA is misleading people in suggesting that it is only about their /our group. It is much, much more.

Citizens United allows unlimited corporate spending to influence elections by saying "money is speech". This goes hand-in-glove with the insane notion that "Corporations are people."

I have a big problem with both. Corporations are not people, our elections should not be for sale to the highest bidder, and not being people they do not qualify for constitutional protections to enable buying elections with money masquerading as speech.

It's lunacy bought and paid for by the corporations who benefit.

To portray this as an issue about NRA only and gun issues, is to miss the larger point by miles.
Citizens United is arguably one of the worst decisions to ever come down from the Politicians In Robes. Anyone interested in returning our Plutocracy back into a democracy would be in favor of overturning Citizens United.

IMO a Constitutional Amendment is the wrong way to go about it; that much I'd agree with. NRA is misleading people in suggesting that it is only about their /our group. It is much, much more.

So... Your polemic establishes:

You are OK with ultra-rich "persons" like Bloomberg and Soros using their misbegotten fortunes to buy elections.

You are also OK with unions, masquerading as "persons", spending the fortunes amassed from their members to sway elections.

By the way, the United States is a republic, not a democracy.

Anyone ever see the look on Clintons face when he was asked how many extra terrestrials were in Wash DC LOL
The fear he showed, of that question was priceless.
WONDER IF HE WAS THINKING ABOUT DISGUSTING HARRY :D
Yeah, I know twilight zone theme..........................

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top