JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How dow RCBS compare to Dillon?

Dillon dies are great, actually fantastic, if you using them on a progressive. They have a nice "throat" on the seating die so you can place bullets with ease an not have to carefully line them up with a small hole like in most dies. The sizing dies have a built in stuck case extractor. No need to remove the die from your progressive, play around with drill, tap, or "Elmer Fudd" type tools.

The 9mm sizing die is fantastic. All too many times I had spent primers stick to the decappig pin and then carried over to the priming station. Result was a spent primer getting seated rather than a fresh one. The Dillon "pin" is spring loaded so when the primer is released from the primer pocket, the pin then snaps down and "flicks" the spent primer off like one might "flick" something nasty off their finger. I only use the 9mm die from Dillon but I'm sure that this feature is in place on other calibers as well.

You'll pay more for Dillon Dies but they do provide more for the money.

As for Dies that are out there, I no longer buy ANY RCBS dies. They used to be good dies but they no longer meet my standards. Redding, Forster, and the Custom Grade New Dimension Hornady dies are my current choice. I'll eve buy Lee Dies before RCBS today.

Now some will say they have been using RCBS for 20 years! without a problem.

:yes:Oh did I tell ya I got my 650 in today!!? Only 3,maybe 4 weeks wait.:rockon:

Oh yeah RCBS.
But I found their quality to be in their Rock Chucker and nothing else
The other brand of dies cost as much and are way better quality. Only things I still use from RCBS is the funnels,the powder feed,and the rock chucker it self.

Now back to my new press. It's so pretty blue:love:

Actually, I kind of like the older RCBS scales. I have a 5-0-5 I purchased back in the late 70's that I carefully tuned and checked calibration across it's full range. Has worked flawlessly and I use it as my "Bench Standard" to check the other two scales I use almost daily.

Just a tip, which I drop whenever I can, if you have an RCBS press with the removable 1-1/4" bushing on top (that reduces the hole in the press to 7/8-14 size for common dies), install the Hornady Lock-N-Load Bushing Conversion Kit. Will make this press perform just like a turret press and almost as fast. Set each of your dies up in a bushing, carefully adjusting and locking them with a good lock-nut. Then changing is as simple as a small counter clockwise turn to remove and the same to install.

I find it so convenient that I keep a forster collet type bullet puller, set up in one of these bushings, handy while seating bullets. If, when measuring, I find a bullet seated too deep, I remove the seating die, insert the puller die, pull the bullet up a little, return the seater die and readjust for the correct OAL. Quick, easy, wham, bam, very little time lost. Keeps the blood pressure low too:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top