JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok my squaredeal which has upteen thousand rounds reloaded through it has problems with primers. The arm that holds the primers goes to far forward and catchs on something before it pops back in place, and this pop sometimes flips the primers upsidedown or on side which then seats them poorly (like completely messed up)

Anyone else experianced anything like this? I can usually get it to start working right with lots of spray oil and lots of fussing. It's kinda like a stopper is is missing or warn out that is supposed to keep the primer arm from going into the press to far.

follow up question, anyone used the dillon no bullbubblegum warrentee? Is it all it seams to be? Should i just send it in and have them figure it out?

Thanks for any help!
Steven

Sorry dude. You drink the blue kool-aid, you pay the price.

Step 1. Call Dillion tech support. They will help you or tell you what you need to do to fix the issue. If they feel it needs factory attention they will tell you.

Have had that too. The key is clean clean clean. No oil or lube. I have called (and E-mailed) there Tech Support. Got great support. I had a part break and they sent me a new one free of charge (and I wasn't even the original owner).

Yep, Dillon's support is A1. Call them first, they will get you back on track and send you new parts if necessary. I have a XL650 that works great and when parts wear out they send me replacements - no charge - no questions.

I will try and get into clean where it is catching again tomorrow and if that is a no go I will give them a call on monday. Very frustrating when i just want to load some 9mm and go shooting!

Thanks for the help guys/gals
Steven

Sorry dude. You drink the blue kool-aid, you pay the price.

Wait until you've had the Red stuff, especially Lee. Problems like this can happen right out of the box and continue until the owner either becomes an expert tinkerer or just gives up.

Based on the OP's first sentence describing how it's already loaded "Umpteen Thousand" rounds I'd say that that's pretty good service for the machine itself. Dillon will take care of him beyond his expectations.

I had a piece break on my 650 once that was totally due to my stupidity. I fixed it with some J-B Weld and used it for months. When I called to order some more equipment I mentioned my dumb@ss'd mistake and they sent me a new part. Wouldn't even accept my offer to pay for it. For that kind of service I'll drink all the "Blue Kool-Aid" I can.

There is no better customer service, anywhere, on anything! (and they speak english)
I just wish they made a car, I'd be first in line
Call 'em, they'll get you fixed up in record time.

Their "Civilian Model" only comes in Blue.

BTW, not only do they speak English, they actually know what they're talking about unlike most CS reps that have to enter your problem into a computer then read instructions back from a screen.

Ok here's what so far has appeared to fix it. There is a set screw on the primer cup post(ya I don't know part numbers) I loosened that set screw which lets the post come out. And then seated the post as deeply as i could and retightened the setscrew. It appears to be working now. Over time the post has moved under the setscrew. Assuming it loads say the next 100 rounds flawlessly. (and I dry worked it more then that already and it is working like a champ) I will retake it appart and loctite it down so hopefully it will remain for another upteen thousand reloads.

Thanks for your help all!
Steven

p.s. don't knock the blue koolade till you have tried it!

Ok here's what so far has appeared to fix it. There is a set screw on the primer cup post(ya I don't know part numbers) I loosened that set screw which lets the post come out. And then seated the post as deeply as i could and retightened the setscrew. It appears to be working now.

That can also happen on other models. Worth checking at the first indication of any primer slide problem. No oil - none - zero.

Your right on target. But look in your manual at the parts diagram for the primer assy (also viewable online if you dont have one). There is a picture with the length specification and where to measure. 1.410 +/- .003 If its too tall the primer catches on bottom of rotating shell plate. If too short there is too much gap when carrier is under primer tube and multiple primers can fall of tube.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top