JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless you're very meticulous about making sure you're picking up your brass and only your brass avoid the X-die. As it will smash any brass that isn't trimmed to the proper length (factory .223 brass tends to very _A_LOT_). The trimmer you guys are talking about is the Dillon RT1200 trimmer I mentioned earlier, it fits in a standard 7/8-14 die hole and uses a custom trim die with a 5K RPM motor driving a carbide cutter. It works pretty well, I use it quite a bit for .223 and .308 case processing. When doing higher quality ammo, I have a gracey bench trimmer that does a better job (actually chamfers the case mouth).

Unless you're very meticulous about making sure you're picking up your brass and only your brass avoid the X-die. As it will smash any brass that isn't trimmed to the proper length (factory .223 brass tends to very _A_LOT_). The trimmer you guys are talking about is the Dillon RT1200 trimmer I mentioned earlier, it fits in a standard 7/8-14 die hole and uses a custom trim die with a 5K RPM motor driving a carbide cutter. It works pretty well, I use it quite a bit for .223 and .308 case processing. When doing higher quality ammo, I have a gracey bench trimmer that does a better job (actually chamfers the case mouth).

This trimmer also sizes the brass. As for chamfering the case mouth, I haven't found this necessary with loads for my AR's. The Bullets I use are all Boat Tailed and the trimmer, with its high speed carbide bit, doesn't leave any burrs. Might be desired if loading VLD bullets but for my AR "fodder" I haven't found the need.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top