JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Dillon Precision
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Clackamas
State
Oregon
Any chance anybody has one they want to get rid of? Just processed the primer pockets on 400 pcs of .223 brass and not looking forward to doing it again :D

Looking to buy, or if there's something you might want to trade for it let me know.

Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Amazon has the RCBS on sale right now for 80$. Can't beat that deal. I just paid 115 ish from RCBS directly when everyone was sold out and I no longer mind swaging primer pockets. Only 9 left in stock though as of this post.. Good thing with Amazon. If you end up not liking it you can always return it. Appears they just got them in stock within the last few days.

Hope that helps
James

Screenshot_20200511-230444_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thanks James! Was actually able to pick up a used/new Dillon from a member late last night. How does the RCBS compare to the Dillon?

I haven't used the dillon at all but I'm absolutely thrilled about the RCBS. The padded handle makes it nice and I can fly thru brass. I have made it thru about 4k of 223 brass in the last week just casually working in it. Doing 500rds in an hour is a breeze. I can grab a handful and just keep feeding and tossing them into a box. Usually about 15-20 fit into my hand and it takes a minute or so to feed and toss all those. Having carpal tunnel in my right hand also wasn't horribly bother by it surprisingly. I just picked up the RCBS Bench prime system last night off Amazon for 70$ as well as that's another issue I'm having with my hands. So I'm hoping it works as well as the swage unit does in my hands.

All in all without using the Dillon before I would still highly recommend the RCBS. From what I heard from another member is thhey liked the handle on the RCBS unit instead. I think I asked about this exact thing in a thread in the reloading forum a few months back. Glad you were able to get it sorted out. Looks like Amazon sold 4 since last night. They are down to 5 now. Hopefully some of our members here got in on that deal.

James

The Dillon can be set up to be a 'one hand' operation. There are several youtube videos on 'how to'. Don't know if the same could be done with the RCBS. My Dillon has been in use for well over a decade and I would not be happy with any other style, especially the 'swizzle twist' style. Setup is crucial but easy when you develop a method that works for you.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.