JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The breech lock pro is setup for 9mm and thats really the only cartridge I load on it, the Lee turret was my first press and though it still loads decent its just not the most rigid machine especially if using it as a single stage for resizing bottle neck rifle cartridges like 06 and 7mm rem mag. I've got a buyer for it anyways but I really need/want a more rigid press for loading rifle rounds like .308

Then get a good rigid single stage press like an rcbs rock crusher supreme. I don't think a progressive is warranted or better for bottle neck rifle cartridges. Of course I don't really think a progressive is really needed for most cartridges unless you are a competition shooter going through hundreds of rounds weekly. I load for around 20 different pistol and rifle cartridges and shoot more than most. I have never felt the need for more than my single stage and my turret press. Ymmv.

Then get a good rigid single stage press like an rcbs rock crusher supreme. I don't think a progressive is warranted or better for bottle neck rifle cartridges. Of course I don't really think a progressive is really needed for most cartridges unless you are a competition shooter going through hundreds of rounds weekly. I load for around 20 different pistol and rifle cartridges and shoot more than most. I have never felt the need for more than my single stage and my turret press. Ymmv.
My first press was a Lyman turret. Still have it. Won't part with it. There's a lot that can be done with a turret and they can be very productive when you put your mind to it.

well the 550 press sale fell through, I couldn't reach the seller while I was in his town. I guess I'll continue on with the turret and the breech lock pro for now. I think I will purchase an RCBS Rockchucker for precision rifle and after researching the breechlock pro 4000 it appears as if I can load .308 winchester on it if they sell a shell plate.

well the 550 press sale fell through, I couldn't reach the seller while I was in his town. I guess I'll continue on with the turret and the breech lock pro for now. I think I will purchase an RCBS Rockchucker for precision rifle and after researching the breechlock pro 4000 it appears as if I can load .308 winchester on it if they sell a shell plate.
I load 30-06 etc. on my Lee classic turret so I'd be surprised if you couldn't load .308 on any single stage.

I load 30-06 etc. on my Lee classic turret so I'd be surprised if you couldn't load .308 on any single stage.
Do you remove the indexing shaft and load as a single? I bought the four die .308 Lee set although I haven't tried it yet on the Lee turret. I'm upgrading my powder measure , the disc measure leaves too much wasted powder

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top