Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dillon 450 issue

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by tlfreek, Mar 30, 2014.

1. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

Hey guys,

I have a small but irritating problem with my dillon which just recently started happening. basically when I index the stage the bolt that holds the shell plate in place tightens with each index until it gets so tight I cannot turn it. I have taken the thing apart many times, I am not sure what is occurring all the pieces that should be there are there (I think). here is the setup.

• on the surface that the shell plate sits there is a bearing with a spring under it - this moves freely.
    • shell plate on top
    • indexing mechanism that connects to the shell plate on top of that
    • bolt through the whole shebang that has a machined surface where the plate and indexing disk sit.

any ideas?

2. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

There should be a set screw on the side of the ram that locks the bolt from rotating after you set your desired "tension"

Throckmorton and My 3 sons like this.
  3. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yep, after you get the tension where you want it, raise the ram and tighten the set screw on the left side of the ram.

4. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Might be worth calling Dillon and ask for a copy of the manual: 1-800-762-3845

tlfreek likes this.
  5. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

yup that's it - thanks guys. must have been lucky these past years with it not slipping.