JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I lately I have been experiencing the ratchet lock detent ball backing off after 1500 or so loads. This then does not hold the ratchet in the open position at the end of the stroke to allow it to all return to home. Just jams it up in the bottom of the stroke. Happens so much I moved the narrow screwdriver I use to turn the screw in 1/2 to 3/4 turn on, to be stored next to the press. I also now just reset the screw now and then preemptively adjusting it now and then.

Thinking others may have delt with this. I know the exact position it needs to be in to work correctly so thinking perhaps adding some blue locktite. Anyone else deal with this?

(9mm 165 grain sub-Sonics being loaded)
933B88FE-82DC-4943-AC65-EA1FBB18B5F4.jpeg

Adjusting the set screw. Again.

7A3CB886-35C1-48F7-AA36-9797E53C3F1C.jpeg

CF3AA7B8-999C-4259-9342-11FAC55CA1BE.jpeg

Last Edited:
Never had it happen on mine. I'd get it set where you want it and put a drop of blue locktight in front of it. That way if you ever want to remove it you just chip the locktight away with a pick.

@MrElectric03 thanks for the response. That's the plan right now. I have got to where it's part of my "pre-flight check" before starting to reload again from being off the press for some time to check and adjust the screw. But time to just drop the Locktite in there and call it done.

Different machine, but had a 550 slowly tightening on the manual indexing bolt.

I took a strip of duct tape, wrapped it around the threads, screwed it back in, didn't have any trouble afterward. It provided enough tension and easy to replace if I wanted to take it out.

Different machine, but had a 550 slowly tightening on the manual indexing bolt.

I took a strip of duct tape, wrapped it around the threads, screwed it back in, didn't have any trouble afterward. It provided enough tension and easy to replace if I wanted to take it out.

I had the same issue with an aftermarket roller bearing indexer I put on my 550. It was pissing me off that I put the stock back in and never had an issue. Guess its like modifying a Glock is how they start to have problems.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top