JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at an estate sale this last weekend when I found a new in box Dillion 550B press up on the top shelf of a Tuff shed in the backyard along with a bunch of empty boxes.
When I got home I opened the box and found five caliber conversion kits that were ordered and shipped along with the 550B press.
I'm thinking of selling all of this on eBay and want to know if I should include the 5 caliber conversion kits with the new press or sell them separately.
The calibers are .223 Rem, 38/357 mag, 45 acp, 44 spl/mag, and 10mm/40 S&W.
In the same box with the conversion kits there were also (3) threaded four hole plates with some threaded steel tubes with locking nuts. Do these 4 hole plates go with the kits or do they normally come with the press?
If you were bidding on this press, would the extra caliber kits make it more desirable as a whole, or not?
I'm not into reloading so any pertinent advice would be appreciated.

To realize maximum return sell them separately. If you just want to make some money and be done with it, sell it as a set. I would offer it with the conversion-of-choice to the press buyer and then sell the others. That reaches the biggest market. You can offer a discount on the other conversions to the press buyer to aid the sale.
Current Dillon price for an RL550C with one conversion is $479.95 + shipping. Caliber conversions are $47.95. Toolheads, the four-hole threaded plates, are $26.45 and the powder die, the tube and nut, are $12.95. Nice score. GLWS!!!

There were two long plastic bags with aluminum tubes and stuff. One of the bags had the AAA battery sealed off at the bottom corner and was corroded. I opened the bag and placed those tubes with the other bag of tubes and stuff and threw away the battery.
Do I need to separate those tubes because some go with the press and the others go with the caliber conversion?

press 001.JPG

No, all the tubes go with the press. Some are for large primers and some are for small, but none of them come with the conversions. The white tips on all of them tell me this is a fairly old press. They are color-coded today.

The box was old and dusty but unopened. No rust or other issues except for that battery.
Thanks for all of the prompt replies, I really appreciate the advice.

I'm thinking of putting it all on eBay with a starting price of $400.00 and letting someone else sell what they don't want.

one of the most wanted presses on the face of the planet. You could sell it very fast here on NWFA, I"m betting,for right at 80% of what a new one costs.

There is a newer 'c' model out now,but nothing wrong with a B model, mine is running great after nearly 3 decades.

GLWTS

Now I need to sell that RCBS ChargeMaster Combo unit and get out of the reloading equipment business.
If you look online, you can see what they go for brand new online. Many many times they're on sale at a good discount. Then add the rebate RCBS often offers with RCBS purchases.

I think this will get you an idea of what you could get for a used electronic scale/dispenser combo. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top