JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My posting the video was (in hopes) an eye opener for new shooters.
Some looking to buy a safe are budget minded.

For reference purposes only, I think the video sums the "budget line" of gun safe alternatives up. Not everyone bolts their safes down solid. Some assume the weight of the safe itself is enough to not worry about having to secure it.

In the video, this particular safe intrusion was easier to breach while on it's back. The weight of the safe helped to counter the weight of the thief hanging on the pry bars. Not good. The same (similar) scenario can happen if the non-hinge-side is not against, or very close to a solid object that allows a pry bar to be inserted under the lip of the door. It's best to place the safe in a corner.

Multiple safes, bolt them together, to the wall and floor to create a rubics cube of fastening points. Use them and the weight to your advantage.

when I bought my Fort Knox I thought of it as an investment rather then an expense.

I have checked out the costco safe and honestly, my door weighs more then two of them combined.

Having worked for a store that sold high end and low end I always asked this question.

What is more important, fire prevention or security?

If they have secondary methods of theft prevention, alarm systems or they are rarely away. They may not need a vastly secure safe.

I always tried to find the middle ground and get them to realize the more you spend the better off you'll be.

My safe isn't the greatest and I know I need to upgrade eventually. However I have alarm systems in place and feel secure with the systems I have in place.

I also disagree with these high end safe manufacturers posting up these videos online. I know they are proving a point, but they are also giving minor criminals the means to being major criminals.

when I bought my Fort Knox I thought of it as an investment rather then an expense.

I have checked out the costco safe and honestly, my door weighs more then two of them combined.
I also have a Ft. Knox vault. I was at Ace Hardware yesterday and saw a Stack-On safe that was the same external dimension of mine, so I opened the door and I couldn't believe how light and flimsy the door was, and how flimsy the whole box seemed. Safes / vaults are really a case of "You get what you pay for." I also view my Ft. Knox as an investment to protect my investments. I bought the biggest one I could realistically afford, which was really more than I wanted to spend, but I cried over it once and have been very happy with the decision ever since. Just my .02 worth.

Non issue. Bolt it to the floor and to the wall. Anyone who thinks they are going to pry my safe open is going to have a world of trouble ahead of them.

Then...If they are able to get the welded bolts out off the floor and the wall and can drag it out of the closet to pry it open and do actually steal my stuff I get a big old check from the insurance company to buy new stuff.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top