JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm not allowed to carry at work but carrying a LPC with a Techna clip has made it possible. I also have a G19 and have had a 9mm shield in my "sights" as a next addition to the stable for those not to big, not to small times.
Now there was a giant monkey wrench thrown into the works when wify decides the LCP is now hers...
I didn't really want to want to buy a new pocket gun. How deep can you really conceal a shield? Are there other options I should consider?

Shield, or bodyguard?

Depends on what you wear I'd think.

I wear 5.11 cargo pants, and various brand cargo shorts. My bodyguard .380 conceals extremely well in the front pockets with one of those square shaped pocket holsters. I'm 5' 10" 230lbs.

My normal EDC is a Ruger LC9S, and I can get away wth just a t shirt or polo over it at about the 3 o'clock position. I don't use the extended finger mag end on it though.

I wish you luck in your search, Rob, but are you sure that you want to experiment with different and especially larger pistols?
At the possible loss of your job? I generally go by the old axiom, if it ain't broke - don't fix it! LPC's are dirt cheap these days and the LPC-2's are out! I'd keep going with what you know and have faith in, or at least a pocket pistol! Again, good luck! :)

BTW, I carry an LCP W/LaserMax for deep concealment. In either a pocket holster or a SHTF GEAR ITW holster!

I've had a Shield 9 for 2 years now. I've never liked carrying it in any pocket. Too small for a back pocket. Can't get a hold of it. Sinks well in a front pocket, but maybe too well. Too deep. Maybe with one of those wallet things. I've never tried one of those.

Initial Report

Fired two magazines last night of standard FMJ. Got failure to feed on the second round of both magazines:mad:. Trigger was stiff but was easily able to put the rounds on target and the recoil was very manageable:D. In short other than the FTF it was a real joy to shoot. After doing a little research it sounds little feed ramp polishing and more round through the pipe are all that's needed. I am confident we will be open for business soon. It will give me something to do while the turkey's on the Traager.

May add a ghost connector but I'll make that decision once the FTF is solved.

I also don't see conceal-ability being an issue, going to install Clipdraw soon as i can get it delivered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top