JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the market for a digital camera specific for hunting. It has to be light weight and pretty small (not much bigger than a deck of cards), to fit into a pocket. It has to be current with picture resolution (Like, I don't know 18 megapixels plus). It must be AA or AAA, compatible. And an optical zoom would be good... Oh yeah, waterproof.
I am sure there are a ton of options out there... but I thought I would ask people that hunt.
Something to take pictures of the trophy of a lifetime, or just scenery that can only be seen in the woods...

Sadly I rely on my phone and it's camera really sucks.
I'd be interested in hearing if there was something like this available, although maybe less resolution that wouldn't break the bank.

I never thought of taking my GoPro. In it's case it's waterproof, small and takes high quality pics. I am constantly amazed with the quality of the videos we get off of that little thing. Downside, very wide angle lens with no zoom capability.

Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS 20.2MP 12X optical zoom. Does use a rechargeable battery $179

Canon Powershot ELPH 180 20.2MP 8X optical zoom same deal rechargeable.

Both use cheap SD cards

Thought about the GoPro but wasn't sure about actual photo quality (vs video). I don't need video. And if they don't have a zoom, that wouldn't work.
The reason for the AA or AAA Batteries, is because rechargeable don't seem to like the cold weather, and never seem to last. Same problem with a cell phone.

Thought about the GoPro but wasn't sure about actual photo quality (vs video). I don't need video. And if they don't have a zoom, that wouldn't work.
The reason for the AA or AAA Batteries, is because rechargeable don't seem to like the cold weather, and never seem to last. Same problem with a cell phone.
An iPhone in your front pocket stays warm. And I carry this instead of just a small flashlight:

https://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Port...7107&sr=8-46&keywords=iphone+external+battery

I view the pic from the GoPro Hero3+ that I have on a 22" monitor and they're great. No pixilation (is that even a word?) on the image when it's that large. A camera of a similar size, maybe even a little bigger, and quality with a zoomable lens would be awesome.
The camera I keep in the truck uses AA batteries. It's just easy that way.

If your tech savvy check out a raspberry pi zero with camera and maybe one of the secondary motion sensors. 35 bucks for the camera plus whatever you need to power it in your situation. I am using one as a security camera and another with me when I travel to keep an eye on housekeeping at hotels. About the size of a memory stick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top