JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DirectDrive, you are 100% correct. I haven't messed with my 1911 in a while since I've been doing mostly Cowboy Action Shooting for the last couple of years. I thought I remembered being able to pull and release the slide on an empty magazine so I thought I should be able to do that on the Taurus. I broke out the 1911 today and tried pulling and releasing the slide on an empty mag and, of course, you can't. So the whole situation was a non-issue from the beginning. I apologize for wasting everybody's time. I'll go back to listening more and speaking less. Thanks again for all the help.

DirectDrive, you are 100% correct. I haven't messed with my 1911 in a while since I've been doing mostly Cowboy Action Shooting for the last couple of years. I thought I remembered being able to pull and release the slide on an empty magazine so I thought I should be able to do that on the Taurus. I broke out the 1911 today and tried pulling and releasing the slide on an empty mag and, of course, you can't. So the whole situation was a non-issue from the beginning. I apologize for wasting everybody's time. I'll go back to listening more and speaking less. Thanks again for all the help.
No prob.
When it comes to our sport, a guy wants to be crystal clear on every aspect.
If not, always ask the question.

OP: I'm glad you got this worked out. My 30 round Beretta 92 mags still won't hold 30. If I leave them loaded for a week I've been able to get 29 in a lot easier though.

No prob.
When it comes to our sport, a guy wants to be crystal clear on every aspect.
If not, always ask the question.
Seriously! This forum is great. Everyone answers your questions or points you in the right direction.

My biggest pet peeve is forum users ridiculing other users for not using the search function. I guarantee they have (and so have I) searched the forum/google and we haven't found exactly what we're looking for which is why we're posting in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top