JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand the objective of not mentioning the shooter's name in news releases. However, a few unintended consequences are apparent.

By removing the shooter's name, all attention is focused on the inanimate object----not the killer.
Why do we allow the blame to be transferred from the trigger puller to the gun? Forget the "influence" that the politicians and reporters say is created by publication of the name. That happened long ago and can't be changed.

What SHOULD be stopped is the information about the firearm. They print how many bullets he had, all about the scary efficient human killing power of the weapon, how efficient it is bla, bla bla. They are shouting from the roof tops about what kind of gun has been used and how deadly and how easy to acquire it was.

Given the free advertising, is it any wonder what firearm is the one desired by the killers?? SUPPRISE!! It's the very same one they want to ban. The description of a handgun is never described in the detail and manner that a rifle is . It's about making an inanimate object that is not the main weapon used in mass shootings but the most "scary" one.

I kind of get why many are trying not to mention the name of these kooks. Since many of them seem to worship the attention. One thing I have long noticed is the press already does a great job of hiding the name of mass killers if the name sounds like someone from one protected "religion" the media loves. :oops:

95 views, 4 likes----no comments.

Mama says if I ain't got nuthin gude to say then to not say anythin at all...

But, they should focus on the victims and their families not the guns and definitely not the shooter.

Shooters should have their name erased from history and not immortalized which just adds to the appeal.

When someone is arrested for DUII and they've killed or injured someone, we post their picture and name all over the media.

You don't hear about the Ford F-150 Raptor with twin turbo, intercooled DOHC 24 valve, 3.5L ecoBoost engine that has a 10speed automatic transmission that generates a mean 450 horsepower, 510 lb.-ft. of torque that they used.

via Ol' Remus Woodpile Report

art-link-symbol-tiny-arrow-only.gif Gun violence, American Greatness - The Democrats' emphasis on gun control shifts the focus away from the vast majority of so-called gun violence, the continuous train of atrocities committed primarily by young black men and other minorities in our demoralized inner cities. The rhetoric of "gun violence" obscures these crimes by focusing on the tool and averting attention from who is committing crimes and how often. On the other hand, they say we have too many people in prison—particularly "people of color"—and that we need to open up the prisons and can do so without endangering society. Democrats never imagine doing this kind of confiscation effort in the ghetto, where genuinely dangerous "felon in possession" cases are ignored.

They need to stop reporting it PERIOD! Stop reporting an "Assault style" or AR type, or what ever, Stop reporting on the size of the load out or the caliber! Stop with any/all details except for how many hurt/killed and condition of shooter, dead preferably!

It doesn't matter, none of it does.

Facts and proven figures DO NOT matter, only peoples' "feelings". Let me repeat that... Facts and proven figures DO NOT matter, only peoples' "feelings".

That's it, there ain't no more.

Work out a pro2A strategy with those parameters and you might just prevail, otherwise you're just doing this....

760337DC-F249-427C-8346-D76B726701C2.gif

95 views, 4 likes----no comments.

What did you want to hear/see??? ;):p:D

But, they should focus on the victims and their families not the guns and definitely not the shooter.

We need some serious common sense restrictions on the First Amendment rights of the fifth column media hacks.

When someone is arrested for DUII and they've killed or injured someone, we post their picture and name all over the media.
You don't hear about the Ford F-150 Raptor with twin turbo, intercooled DOHC 24 valve, 3.5L ecoBoost engine that has a 10speed automatic transmission that generates a mean 450 horsepower, 510 lb.-ft. of torque that they used.

Yes, but you also don't see young men dreaming about the fame of getting drunk and crashing said vehicle, their pride and joy.

The MSM screams out and calls foul on any restrictions of the 1st, and yet they absolutely destroy the 1st and the rest with every breath, because there is ZERO accountability, ZERO, NADA, ZILCH! It's long past time we held their feet to the fire and DEMAND accountability of their reporting and agenda driven stance! It's long past time we break up the media cartel and force them to be fair and equal!

Yes, but you also don't see young men dreaming about the fame of getting drunk and crashing said vehicle, their pride and joy.

No but if they included the description of that truck it in the news, I would focus on the truck, but they aren't going to ban you boys from buying a Ford over it.
There's too much "glamorizing" the weapon and not enough focus on the operator.

No but if they included the description of that truck it in the news, I would focus on the truck, but they aren't going to ban you boys from buying a Ford over it.
There's too much "glamorizing" the weapon and not enough focus on the operator.

I still prefer to see neither one in the news. Killed on the spot and forgotten is best, but an arrest, a speedy trial, and a quick execution is a good second.

I understand the reasons given for not publicizing their names, but I do see a downside. If the public is not allowed to know who the shooter was, then TPTB can propagandize the incident any way they want. The shooter can be portrayed as everyone's favorite boogieman de jure, regardless of the facts. If their identity is made known, at least independent entities would be able to investigate the circumstances. Just a consideration. Change my mind.

Edit: For example, terrorist acts could all be portrayed as workplace violence.

Last Edited:

Or, what brand of alcohol they were drinking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top