JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe it's because I fall into the "Rules are rules" category. But I won't play with my normal carry gun's, because I can't play with my normal carry set up and be within the rules.

Most of the rules that give me, and a lot of others that I have talked to, problems with our carry rig's could easily be solved. Mostly by "allowing" not requiring the "loaded" mag to be loaded to mechanical capacity +1 in the pipe. And allowing extended mag's as reloads only, as long as the extended mags do not go over the mag capacity limit. And as far as gaming is concerned, they already require you to start all courses of fire with the same magazine capacities as your first CoF. So if you start with a 7 round mag in the body, and 8 rounders as reloads, you would already not be allowed to "juggle" your mag's for a good time to reload. And you wouldn't be allowed to "choose" to start one course of fire at mechanical capacity +1 and the next at mechanical capacity with out topping off.

This, of course, would put a slightly larger burden on the judges. But how hard would it be for them to check a list for a shooters "registered" magazine set up before the course of fire. Actually, I would be willing to play with my carry setup's if they only changed the requirement for mechanical capacity +1 to allowing mechanical capacity +1. I would bite the bullet for an extra 8 rounder with adapter, if I were allowed to start a stage with it at 7+1 and 8 round reloads.

I'd suggest a talk to your local IDPA match director. No matter how you cut it, IDPA is a fun game and at best is gun practice, not training.

My normal carry is in a pocket holster.

I shot IPSC in Idaho for a couple of years before moving to Oregon in 2000. I have a buddy that wants me to get back into it. I have a mini-14 Rancher SS, w/strap, 30rd. mag, and 3x9 Burris. Would anybody be interested in a trade for a full-size 1911 clone target in .45ACP for factory competition??

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top