JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Scorce automotive over in Portland is a good place to take your dodge too. I have A couple of friends that work there and have sent many friends there also. They are 99 percent cummins over there so they should be able to fix your needs.

Just wondering, but what kind of problems are you having?

Thanks for the recomendation.

The main issues I am having is with the gas pedal..
Dead pedal. Went to get on the freeway back and had a completely dead pedal. went to the floor. Let off and pressed it back down and the truck took of.
I feel like there is a dead spot in the pedal around the 59mph spot. It feels like it is loosing power around this speed. Step down on the pedal and no extra power. A little more and then it takes off. And smokes allot when this happens
Been smoking allot more lately especially when I step down on the [edal pretty hard.
Feel like it has lost some power and mileage
Every one in awhile it will trhow a couple of P codes
P2121 APPS Conformance Error
P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Performance
Makes me think either the APPS sensor is going or I am starting to loose the fuel pump, or an injector or two.
Just need someone to do a more though diagnostic that what I can. All the above parts are spendy to take a shot in the dark on replacing one at a time

Do you have a programmer in your truck? I've heard of the fuel pressure sensor at the rail blowing out if your programmer is set to high. Programmer puts more fuel pressure in the rail blowing the sensor out. Common problems with blown rail sensor are extra smoke, hard starting and higher egts. If it is blown it's cheaper to buy the whole rail instead of just the sensor. Last time I checked they were going for around $400.00 or so.

I doubt it's your lift pump. I just replaced the lift pump in my 06 and the only problem I had was lack of power when I put the pedal to the floor. I still had power but not as much as I used to have. Checking the fuel pressure I had 1 psi of pressure and it still ran fine.

My advise is don't take it to the dealer. My truck is still under warranty and I tried to
get them to replace said lift pump. They told me nothing was wrong and that they test the fuel system by a flow test. If it's flowing fuel then to them it's fine. I guess it's their way of getting out of fixing things. After a week of them having my truck, me telling them what the problem was over and over, I still had a truck with a bad pump. Put a new pump in it and had my power back.

At any rate, call scorce and talk to bill or rip. Both great guys to deal with.

Yea I run a box. Never dial it up though mainly use it to increase the milage. Never really thought about the the rail I will call it a pressure releif. Very possible and could make sense. I will give them a call later this week.

Thanks

Do you have a programmer in your truck? I've heard of the fuel pressure sensor at the rail blowing out if your programmer is set to high. Programmer puts more fuel pressure in the rail blowing the sensor out. Common problems with blown rail sensor are extra smoke, hard starting and higher egts. If it is blown it's cheaper to buy the whole rail instead of just the sensor. Last time I checked they were going for around $400.00 or so.

I doubt it's your lift pump. I just replaced the lift pump in my 06 and the only problem I had was lack of power when I put the pedal to the floor. I still had power but not as much as I used to have. Checking the fuel pressure I had 1 psi of pressure and it still ran fine.

My advise is don't take it to the dealer. My truck is still under warranty and I tried to
get them to replace said lift pump. They told me nothing was wrong and that they test the fuel system by a flow test. If it's flowing fuel then to them it's fine. I guess it's their way of getting out of fixing things. After a week of them having my truck, me telling them what the problem was over and over, I still had a truck with a bad pump. Put a new pump in it and had my power back.

At any rate, call scorce and talk to bill or rip. Both great guys to deal with.

You may have recourse since the dealer refused to fix the problem under warranty. Get all your documentation together of your trips without recourse, and lodge a complaint. They should pay for the repairs you had done.

At this point I'm done with that dealership. I had told the service manager that I had done the hard part, I found the problem. They just have to do the easy part, fix it. They would tell me that there's no problem and the truck runs great. After I complained some more then they told me that it "might" be the turbo or it "might" be the transmission. I can go on and on but I'll stop. Lol.

It worked out pretty good on my part anyways. One of my friends runs a auto store and had just got a 2010 ram and wanted his programmer installed. I traded a install for a new lift pump. The only thing out of my pocket was the install of the lift pump in my truck, which wasn't that bad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top