Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Did Your Back Ordered Ammo Show Up?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by CandleMan, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CandleMan

CandleMan Eugene, OR New Member

I've not ordered ammo online before. A few weeks ago I looked at some sites for 223/556 ammo and most sites either said "Out of Stock" or they were back ordered for a few weeks.

So, if you place orders 2-4 weeks ago, and it was back ordered, can you share with me who actually followed through and shipped your ammo?

2. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

No one really knows, it could be on back order for a week, a month, 6 months. No one really knows. I have ordered some 300 AAC Blackout ammo mid December or so and I didn't receive the shipment until last week. Pretty much all famous calibers are out of stock, even the reloading company that I normally buy my ammo from isn't producing ammo right now because according to them they could not get components. The demand is so high that production is just not keeping up.

CandleMan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Spoke to a rep for Cheaper Than Dirt yesterday, he claimed they currently have more than 1.5 million back orders, each for one case (1000 rounds) or more. If true, it's going to take a while to catch up.

4. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

I got notification that my ammo is on way today as a matter a fact.this is for a 1000 case of 762x39

5. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

During the last "Panic" some companies had backorders for an entire years capacity of their plant. They cut of all backorders until they caught up.

If you're able to order and have your order placed on "backorder status", be patient. Can't ship until it's built and with factories running full tilt tha's going to take time.

6. CandleMan

CandleMan Eugene, OR New Member

When and where did you order from? Just curious.
    Thanks,

7. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

Finding a supplier that will actually give us a back order is even getting harder to find. Several of my usual places won't even carry/display many of the product-lines I want in their pull-down lists; heck, I'm surprised to see "no back order".

Midway has a few "coming soon" items listed.

I've had new WC .308 brass on BO since early December.

The Oregon Bi-Marts have turned the page on selling powder; they no longer have the bare shelves where powder used to be; they moved other merchandise (air soft and pellets) onto them.

Candleman, I'm partial to Top Brass Inc. out of Salida, CO. They offer delay times and will withdraw items from time to time, but they are on a 3-6 week order fill period. They have some nice deals on ammo-can combos. "Blems" are all gone but they still sell FMJ pull-downs which I have no problems with.

I think retailers would be crazy to offer back orders these days; with the looming price increases and regulation-hysteria.

8. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

got my 9mm order from freedom munitions. took about 2 weeks

9. Cigarlvr313

Cigarlvr313 Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just a guess but I would think that most legitimate suppliers would take care of their regular customers.......back order or not

10. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

showed up yesterday

11. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

My 1K 10mm Starline that I ordered direct from the manufacturer on 1/1/13 shipped today.

12. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

I have some ammo on backorder at sportsmansguide since April 2012, and got an email saying it would not be available until June 2013 : (

13. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

No ammo, but my backorder of mags showed up:).

14. Kimber77

Kimber77 Tri-Cities New Member

15. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

I got notification a couple days ago that Brownell's finally shipped my 7.63 x 39 I ordered.

16. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

I ordered through a southern reloader, that was almost a month ago and I haven't heard anything from them since, besides the confirmation that I ordered. I did not pay yet, so I'm not too concerned. It also wasn't backordered, but it is made to order. It was for a couple hundred rounds of 9mm.

17. Cigarlvr313

Cigarlvr313 Washougal Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just got some 30-06 and 7.7 x 58 that I ordered from SportsmansGuide a few weeks ago.

18. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

308 pmags just shipped that were ordered in December. Ammo that was ordered in December showed up in late January.

19. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Well-Known Member

DHS is arming themselves. So are others... lol

20. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

My 40 s&w from cabelas showed up on Thru, but Im still waiting for my bullet order to come in, 3 more weeks he says...ammo manuf.'s must love this... 100% running facilities...