JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here we are in economic trouble. The economic train just broadsided us (as a nation) for building our houses right on the rail of the BadCredit Express. Ammo is getting scarce and so are jobs.

Did anybody see the signs and pick up something they really wanted prior to everybody rushing out to stock up on everything?

Share your stories of what you picked up recently and are now looking back and thinking: "I'm glad I got that then..."

I picked up some (10) mags for my Sig... but nowhere near enough ammo.

I grabbed 10 boxes for my .40, at the December show. I am starting to think wasn't enough!

Funny thing is if you look back at the B.C. days before GWB took over they were planning this nasty recession, (depression)

I stocked up and then seen the dollar signs so I sold:(
I made a good ammount of money but It was only cuz I needed to. Now I'm wondering if I should have held on to it and just not paid the bills, everyone is doing it

I had 2 magazines for my AR and 2 for my ak, I now have over 50, and I paid an average of only $10 per magazine. I also picked up a dillon 550 and tons of brass recently so that I can reload when prices go up. And lastly I picked up some AR lowers and AK parts kits for cheap before prices went up so that I can assemble some arms when needed. Lastly I paid $589 for my AR last june.

Ammo is getting scarce...

Ammo seems to be more readily available these days. My local gun shop had 1000-rd cases of various handgun ammo stacked up on the floor. Certainly not as cheap as it once was, but not highway robbery either. That said, I do wish I would have bought more when it was much cheaper. I have an adequate amount for some calibers; would like to have more for others.

I'm glad I picked-up a LMT AR-15 last year because I haven't seen many around & the ones I've seen are expensive. Same thing for the Ak-47's I bought (although, the last one I bought was a little high - still not as high as currently pricing). Also, glad I picked-up a bunch of magazines for various high-cap guns that I own.

Moving forward, I certainly need to fill in the gaps on some of my ammo supply. I'd like to get a lot more 9mm, 5.56, and 12ga.

Speaking of "seeing the signs", we bought a house a few years ago and they would have financed us for practically anything - it was absolutely crazy. Instead, we chose to buy a modest house using traditional financing. As a result, we probably missed-out on a few homes due to the bidding wars at the time. Now, I'm very glad we did.

Well I got my PMAG orders all completed except for 4 mags which were ordered in Nov. The other 14 have already arrived and are sitting loaded in my Tac vest. I saw my old ammo list, $125 for 1000 barnul rounds. I just ordered 700 rds for $234 shipped. Sad sad days!!

Bought two ARs for less than $700 each...and one of them is still on back order, lol

Bought my Ak's right after the beginning of the rush... the WASR when it was still $450, and the Yugo for $750 (was offered $1300 for it at the show this weekend :D)

I must admit... I "felt" it was coming but didn't act on it soon enough so now I am in several "lines" waiting on orders to arrive.

One thing I didn't expect was how much of a feeding frenzy the media was going to have over all of the "bad" news. Frankly it makes me wonder how much of this "situation" is based on actual facts and not just false hype.

Yes, I was in the house flipping business and was warning everyone for the last few years that voo-doo economics (trickle down) was killing our economy and that deregulation of the market was compounding the issue.

I was set to buy a triplex in PDX awhile back and I decided the bubble was about to burst and cancelled the deal at the last moment. Three months later things started bottoming out. I am so glad I got cold feet or I would be bankrupt right now.

It is one of the few things I did right in my life. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top