JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been wrestling around in my mind about the renewal notice just I got from NRA last week. My current NRA card already says it expires in 2029! Don't they keep records for pity sakes? LOL I will be over 80 then and probably won't remember where I put my gun safe. After reviewing all the boneheaded fubars the NRA has done in the last few years I wrestled with the idea of not reupping up again. In the end I renewed for another three years mainly 'cause I enjoy their magazine. Gives me some monthly entertainment and fire starters all in one package. How about you? I'm not meaning to bash the NRA here just curious if others go through the same mental tag-team match that I do.

I'm a life member with the NRA, but my money has been going exclusively to SAF for many years because they are focused on litigation. I still get American Rifleman magazine and pass it along after reading it.

My Grandfather and my dad were both members , I am a life member of the NRA.
It is interesting , to say the least , with how the NRA has changed from my Grandfather's time to mine.

In any event...
My money , time and interest in the NRA has waned ( pun intended ) over the years ...sad to say.
Andy

Everyone in our home is an NRA member. I don't recall a renewal notice on any, but they have been calling my mobile number, literally, every day the last week or so. Been way to swamped with real life to answer. As to renewal ... hmm ... well, I need to think about that one, considering recent news, though I've been a member since adolescence. (But I did renew my American Suppressor Association and Oregon Outdoor Council memberships in recent memory.)

I won't give another dime to the NRA until Wayne goes. I can't, in good conscience, continue to help fund the corruption. I also don't believe for a second that Wayne and his ilk give two rips about 2a. I think they are mostly concerned with lining their own pockets.

life member, yet still get a stack of mail from the NRA every year asking me to join. i swear their marketing department is just goofy. some of the material they put out is so, well, 1980s. how many times can one get a "final" notice? it's a corporation that hasn't really grown much with the times. but nice to see my membership money going to good use lol

nra_finalnotice_again2022a.jpg

life member, yet still get a stack of mail from the NRA every year asking me to join. i swear their marketing department is just goofy. some of the material they put out is so, well, 1980s. how many times can one get a "final" notice? it's a corporation that hasn't really grown much with the times. but nice to see my membership money going to good use lol

View attachment 1250460
I have often wondered about this too. How much cash is flushed sending out mail like that?

My $ goes to a different organization that I feel has our interests closer to heart. But, as all things, time will tell if they follow the trail of the almighty $!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top