JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need advice. How much is my 1902 sporterized Krag Jorgensen in 6.5x55 worth on today's market ? The receiver and barrel have been fully glass bedded into it's stock by a professional gunsmith. The receiver and barrel, except for the sliding contact surfaces, have a baked on Dupont Cerakote black finish. Stock has been sanded and refinished with boiled linseed oil. . . Some spec's;
-length: 43"
-barrel: 24"
-weight: 7.83 lbs.
Pictures enclosed.
And as always... thanks so much for any advice you can offer ! This rifle might go up for sale here later. It was handed down from my grandfather to my father and then to myself. All the work discribed above was done on my watch... Mike

1.jpg
2.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg

This rifle has no collectior value. When you cerakoted it became strictly a shooter. Hopefully that's what you weanted. It's a nice looking rifle but strictly a shooter. glws.

Hello Stuka,
When it was sporterized and by whom I do not know. I had the barrel and receiver bedded and re-finished and then re-worked the stock myself. It's a good shooter though. Rifling is very good as well.

Ah..well then I'm sure it's a good shooter!
I have one that was lightly sporterized and I'm making it as close a copy of an original carbine as possible.
Nothing wrong with "fixing up" something that's already been messed with.
I'd guess 3-500 to someone looking for something like this. I don't think there's much market though ,unfortunately.
Good luck!

Thank you. It originally had the full length stock and I believe a 30" barrel...as well as a bayonet I think (?). Anyway your estament is appreciated.

Absolutely...yes. The smoothest bolt action I have ever cycled, not to mention the magazine lock out lever for single shot fire and the slick five round side loading gate.

$250-$350. Tastefully done, nice heirloom. The market for sporterized anything goes up and down depending on the time of year and the quality of the job. That is a very beautiful amateur gun. So I would figure it would probably max out between $350 and $400.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top